Free Consultation: (870) 277-2364Tap to Call This Lawyer
Josh A. Eason

Josh A. Eason

WH Law
  • Family Law, Construction Law, Real Estate Law ...
  • Arkansas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I grew up in Piggott, Arkansas where I learned the value of hard work and a lot about construction. Both of my grandfathers were contractors and my father still owns a small flooring store to this day. I grew up on construction sites since I was a small child and was soon put to work on these very job sites for my family business. This on the job training helped me to become a better attorney later in life. This is especially true in my construction law practice.

In addition to working as a flooring installer for my father, I was also the maintenance person for my father’s rental property. This taught me many aspects of real estate development and rental property management. Both the practical construction experience and property management experience have helped me develop a better relationship with my clients and be able to communicate with and understand my clients needs better regarding real estate and construction law matters.

I obtained my undergraduate degree from Middle Tennessee State University where I earned a Bachelor of Science in audio engineering. After a career in sales, I decided to attend Bowen Law School in Little Rock, Arkansas. I am licensed to practice law in Arkansas as well as the Eastern and Western District Courts of the United States. I owned a successful solo practice for the first four years of practicing law. During this time, I was able to hone my skills and become an effective litigator as well as a transaction attorney regarding civil law and family law matters. I have recently joined WH Law and am excited at this firm offers their clients. I am excited about the future of law and the future of working with WH Law.

Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Construction Law
Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Arkansas Judiciary
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
8th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
WH Law
Attorney/ Managing Member
Eason Law Firm
William H. Bowen School of Law
Placeholder image for education.
Middle Tennessee State University
B.S. (2004)
Middle Tennessee State University Logo
Professional Associations
Arkansas Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered
Q. if my ex, who lives in Texas, has recently had her children(with her now husband) taken away because she and her 2yr old
A: This would be time to file for an ex parte emergency custody petition. You will need to list out all of the information you have as to why this is an emergency in your petition. Meth use will most likely be enough. However, if you can get a copy of the child protective services information, it would most likely give you all the information regarding the allegations you will need for your petition. You will most likely need an attorney to help you with this due to the nature and time sensitiveness of ex parte custody actions.
Q. Does my 13 year old have to go to her dads if its court ordered and she doesn't wanna go?
A: Yes. Children do not get to decide if they want to go to the other parents residence or not. If there is something going on at Dad's house that is unsafe, abusive, or puts her in danger, then you can petition the court for a change in custody (and if it is extreme, then an emergency custody petition). But, regardless of the age of the children, they do not get to decide if the go to the other parent's scheduled visitation.
Q. Can a Grandparent keep their grandchild from her mother without a court order?
A: If your daughter was never married to the father and he has never been adjudicated the father by the Court then no. However, he can petition the court for paternity and custody. The father can also file an ex parte emergency custody petition with his paternity action to get immediate custody if the circumstances of your daughter's addiction is putting the child in danger.

I would suggest you get a guardianship over the minor child if you are in a position to raise the child until your daughter gets well. She can consent to the guardianship which will make it easier and simpler for you.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Eason Law
1817 Woodsprings Rd
Jonesboro, AR 72401
Telephone: (870) 277-2364