Jordan A. Fanney

Jordan A. Fanney

POOLE BROOKE PLUMLEE PC - Virginia Beach Divorce and Family Law Attorney
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence
  • Virginia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I work as a principal attorney at Poole Brooke Plumlee PC. I have a passion for helping people navigate the most challenging family situations they have ever faced in their lifetimes, whether that includes a divorce, a child custody dispute, or other family law matter.

Each case is unique and deserves a specialized plan. When I meet with clients, I help them set reasonable goals and formulate a strategy and roadmap that we can follow together to maximize the chance of achieving those goals. I take pride in being accessible to my clients and keeping them informed about their case.

I have practiced family law in Hampton Roads, Virginia since 2011 and am certified as a guardian ad litem for children. After working for other local family law firms, I joined Poole Brooke Plumlee PC. Joining Poole Brooke Plumlee PC has given me the opportunity to provide improved service and representation for my family law clients. Divorce cases often involve collaboration among several different professionals. At Poole Brooke Plumlee PC, I work closely with a tax attorney, an estate planning attorney, and a dedicated litigation department to provide this collaboration in-house.

I grew up in Virginia Beach, Virginia and attended Frank W. Cox High School. After high school, I received a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Wofford College. I earned my law degree from the University of Richmond School of Law.

I live in Norfolk, Virginia with my wife and two children. In my spare time, I enjoy playing squash, working out, and spending time with my family.

Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Virginia State Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Poole Brooke Plumlee PC
University of Richmond School of Law
University of Richmond School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Virginia State Bar
Activities: Family Law Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Guardian Ad Litem for Children
Supreme Court of Virginia
Websites & Blogs
Jordan Fanney / Poole Brooke Plumlee PC
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered
Q. Wife petitioned for custody/spousal support after a separation agreement was signed waiving these, what happens next
A: For valid agreements involving property distribution and spousal support, the court cannot enter an order inconsistent with those terms of the agreement. The same is not true for custody and child support, which is subject to the best interests of the child. Sometimes parties wish to file for custody even though there is an agreement so they can have the agreement incorporated into a court order that can be enforced. If the time to file for divorce has not yet passed then a custody and support filing in the Juvenile Court may be the only option. Alternatively, there may be a change in circumstance that has occured since the agreement that makes the agreement no longer in the best interests of the child according to one parent. In any event, having an agreement still matters, it just is not binding on the court. If a party requests a hearing, the Judge is supposed to make a decision based on the best interests of the child. ... Read More
Q. My husband lives in Philadelphia and served with divorce papers. I live in Virginia. He is retired military! I want ever
A: I do not have enough information to give a good answer to this question. I would need to know where the divorce was filed. Was it filed in Virginia or Pennsylvania? If it was filed in Virginia, then hire a Virginia lawyer. If it was filed in Pennsylvania then hire a Pennsylvania lawyer. If the divorce was improperly filed in the wrong state then the case may ultimately proceed in a different state; however, you should initially consult with an attorney that is licensed to practice in the state where the divorce was filed.
Q. I am inquiring if my spouse filed for divorce, as I have not heard from or seen him in years.
A: If you last lived together in Virginia, you can go to the following court website to see if a divorce has been filed You will want to go to the circuit court where you live and, if different, where you last lived together. You can check other cities that you have had a connection with since married if you think he may have filed there. You should select the civil category.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Poole Brooke Plumlee PC
4705 Columbus St.
Suite 100
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Telephone: (757) 499-1841
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed