Free Consultation: (254) 434-4446Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jonathan Tanaka

Jonathan Tanaka

Attorney at the Law Offices of Thomas L. Young, PLLC
  • Family Law, Landlord Tenant, Divorce ...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Jonathan Tanaka is an attorney at the Law Offices of Thomas L. Young, PLLC where his practice primarily consists of representing clients in family matters. He graduated from Liberty University School of Law. During law school, he competed on the Moot Court team.

Jonathan is a native of Washington State and and met his wife here in Texas where he currently resides. When he is not working, he enjoys a good game of soccer or volleyball, exploring the outdoors, and photography.

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Restraining Orders
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Landlord Rights, Tenants' Rights
    Contested Divorce, Property Division, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Estate Planning
    Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
  • Free Consultation
    Only accepting potential new clients/consults in Bell and Coryell counties at this time.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
The Law Offices of Thomas L. Young, PLLC
- Current
Liberty University School of Law
Activities: - 2016: Quarterfinalist, Spong Moot Court Tournament at William and Mary Law School - 2015 Internal Negotiations Tournament, Finalist - 2015 Internal Moot Court Tournament, Semi-Finalist - Secretary of the Moot Court Board - Member of the ADR Board
Liberty University School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Texas  # 24113502
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Firm Website
Legal Answers
35 Questions Answered
Q. Deadline to request summer possession dates was on 03/15 ex didnt request dates until 04/30, is it valid?
A: I would agree with what my fellow colleague stated. The final decree will dictate deadlines and rights and duties. However, even if you technically are correct and your ex missed the deadline, I would encourage that you just allow them to exercise those extra days of possession for the benefit of your child(ren). In the end, I'm sure your ex would be grateful and so would your kids.
Q. I’ve been divorced and have 50 50 custody of my 2 children, there was no child support in place because of the 50 50
A: I would suggest that you reach out to a family law attorney in your area (Dickinson) so they can review the divorce decree with you and discuss what your options are. It sounds like your ex-spouse is wanting to modify the final order to give her primary custody and to order you to pay child support. You can file first asking for the same thing or file a counterpetition if she has already filed. Depending on what the final order states, you may also want to file a Motion to Enforce Possession/Access if she is not complying with the order as far as visitation goes. Best of luck!
Q. Can my daughter's mother take my daughter and not let leave with her
A: Thanks for your question! I would suggest that you reach out to a local family law attorney in your area (Dallas) as soon as possible. If there has not been prior court orders, you will need to pursue legal action to establish paternity and visitation, custody, and child support matters. That's where the attorney can assist you.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Thomas L. Young, PLLC
400 Nola Ruth Blvd.
Harker Heights, TX 76548
Telephone: (254) 434-4446
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed