Tennessee personal injury lawyer, John R. Colvin, is a practicing trial lawyer who uses his legal training and experience to help individuals and families throughout the Tennessee Valley region, cope with and recover from the hardships brought on by disability, injury, or the loss of a loved one. His practice concentrates primarily in the areas of Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Premises Liability, and Social Security Disability.
In the specific areas that I focus my law practice, I have an opportunity to help individuals throughout Southern Middle Tennessee and Northern Alabama who have suffered a tragic loss or have been injured through no fault of their own. In representing my clients, my primary objective is to help them navigate the complex and often confusing legal system in order to assist them in recovering some financial independence and quality of life following a personal injury, vehicle crash or other circumstance resulting in injuries or disability.
One of the many things I enjoy about being a solo practitioner is that it allows me to work directly with all of my clients, allowing me the opportunity to get to know my clients as individuals. Having achieved admittance to practice law in both Tennessee and Alabama gives me the flexibility to work with a wide range of individuals in the Tennessee Valley, without being constrained by geographical limitations.
I have also gained admittance to practice before the United States Supreme Court in order to have the ability and means to take my client’s case to the highest level of justice available, if necessitated and merited.
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Products Liability
- Workers' Compensation
- Car Accidents
- General Civil
- Free Consultation
- 6th Circuit
- Alabama Supreme Court
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- Law Office of John R. Colvin
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- Auburn University
- B.A. | Political Science
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Top 100 Social Security Disability Lawyers
- The National Advocates
- Client Choice Award- Personal Injury
- The American Association for Justice
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
- Alabama Association for Justice
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Alabama Bar Association
- Everything Known & Unknown- Evidence Submission in SSDI Claims
- Trial Lawyer Magazine
- Attorney John Colvin
- John R. Colvin's Website Profile
- Tennessee Legal Blog
- Tips for Sharing the Road with Motorcycles
9 January 2020
- How to Drive Safely Around Large Vehicles
19 December 2019
- What Are Tennessee’s Laws on Nursing Home Abuse?
4 December 2019
- Slipping and Falling at a Grocery Store
21 November 2019
- What are Tennessee’s Premises Liability Laws?
7 November 2019
- The First Steps to Take After a Car Accident
31 October 2019
- How Does A Personal Injury Claim Work in Tennessee?
17 October 2019
- The American Insulin Crisis
19 September 2019
- Big Pharma: Profits Over Health & Safety
6 September 2019