Free Consultation: (631) 339-6228Tap to Call This Lawyer
John Cucci Jr.

John Cucci Jr.

Smart Lawyer and Zealous Advocate!
  • Real Estate Law, Personal Injury, Criminal Law ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

A Blue-Collar background and a drive to always improve and help those who need support. John Cucci attended Public schools from K through College and law School. A graduate of the City University of New York Law School.

John Cucci is a US Army Veteran who received and Honorable Discharge after his service in the 80s. John Cucci has been an attorney in over 500 Trials and has lost less than 5% of them.

A true Leader, John Cucci was the School President at his College at the State University if New York at Stony Brook. There he maintained a 3.5 GPA and played NCAA LaCrosse and Football.

Now John Cucci helps the homeless and veterans who need legal assistance. He provides Pro Bono legal services to Veterans and their families.

Practice Areas
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Juvenile Law
    Insurance Claims
    Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    DUI & DWI
    Gov & Administrative Law
    Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
  • Free Consultation
    Free initial consultation on all new cases. Each case must be discussed and reviewed before a price is set. In some cases the client may pay over a short time.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Credit cards are accepted. Cash App is preferred.
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent fees are possible with injury cases only.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Our office accepts credit cards, Cash App, PayPal, Zelle, cash, check or money order.
Professional Experience
Cucci Law Group
- Current
Founded Cucci Law Group in New York City. Eventually moved the main office to Houston, Texas. Hundreds of trials on civil and criminal cases, including Murder trials and Multi-Million Dollar civil Cases. All the while John Cucci gave back to the community by logging over 100 Pro Bono Hours of work for the poor and Veterans.
Suffolk County 18-B Family Law Attorney
Family Law Appointed Counsel for Indigent Clients.
Adjunct Professor of Law
City University of New York Law School
Professor of Law for Elder Law & Street Law. Taught Classes in preventative Law and Street Law.
City University of New York School of Law
J.D. (1992) | Public Interest Law
Judicial Clerkship included research and preparation for Law Clerk and the Judge on a litany of legal issues.
Honors: New York State Professional Scholarship.
Activities: Student Government. Judicial Clerkship for New York Supreme Court Justice Cosmo DiTucci: Queens Supreme Court, Queens, New York.
Placeholder image for education.
State University of New York - Stony Brook
B.A. (1989) | Psychology
Active in Student government and special Events on Campus. Student Government President and leader of Student Activities and events.
Honors: Student Leadership Award. NCAA Committee Student Member Student Government President
Activities: Student Government President NCAA Lacrosse NCAA Football Dorm Building President
State University of New York - Stony Brook Logo
Professional Associations
Brazoria County Bar Association
Attorney Member
- Current
Activities: Attorney Member.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association  # 32301
Attorney Member
- Current
Activities: Attorney Member.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Texas  # 24030107
- Current
Activities: Member of Texas State bar and member of the Criminal Law Section.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Attorney Member
- Current
Activities: Active Attorney Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
196 Questions Answered
Q. Arrested . Posted bond on have no court date scheduled are no indictment felony its been past 180days
A: As the prior attorney said the Statute of Limitations may have been violated in your case. If the DA has missed the deadline to Indict you, you are in good shape. If the DA still has time to Indict you, then no news is good news. If there has been an Indictment from the Grand jury and then the DA has done nothing for a long while ( Over a Year ), then you can move to dismiss on a Speedy Trial Motion. Good Luck!
Q. How long does the DA have to serve indictment once arrested and out on bond in texas felony charge
A: This question involves a lot of laws and statutes. Once you are Indicted by a Grand Jury, the clock starts ticking for your SPEEDY TRIAL. The clock starts once you are arrested for the charge in the Indictment, or once you actually Answer, in court, for the charge. Once you have Answered, or appeared, to defend the charges, the 6th Amendment kicks-in, which gives you the right to a Speedy Trial. The Texas Rules of Criminal Procedure and the Texas Constitution have guidelines for the time limits on speedy trial rules. The rules are different depending on whether or not, the accused is in jail or out on bond. I hope this helps. Good Luck!
Q. My son is in jail with a bond of $75,000. He was charged with assault on a police officer. I need advice and need to
A: Try to be cool. I know you are dealing with a hard time with your son's arrest. You will get through it. First your son needs to NOT talk to the police and get a lawyer or ask for one. This will keep the cops from interrogating him. As the charges will be hard to beat, if there is any kind of defense or the cops are being cruel, you should go to your son's bond hearing if you can. The bond now was probably set right away after his arrest. If that is true, your new lawyer should file a Motion to reduce the bond amount. Then a hearing will get set to determine the new bond amount. The ability to pay is a big factor. So if you are broke or not full of money, you need to go tell the judge. Get your son a good aggressive lawyer with experience. Like me. He will need a lawyer who is not afraid. Good Luck!
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Cucci Law Group
440 Louisiana Street
Suite 660
Houston, TX 77002
Telephone: (631) 339-6228