Jeremy HugusPersonal injury lawyer helping Wyoming & Colorado folks fight insurance bullies
- Personal Injury, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence ...
- Colorado, Wyoming
If we haven’t officially met, my name is Jeremy Hugus. I am a Wyoming native and became a lawyer because I am passionate about making life seriously better for real people. Real people who have been seriously injured by negligent corporations and careless people.
Real people whose sacred constitutional rights have been violated by the government. I focus 100% of my practice on personal injury and criminal defense litigation.
This includes oil and gas accidents; trucking, train, and auto accidents; wrongful death; medical malpractice and nursing home abuse, product liability, and workers’ compensation, as well as DWUIs, drug charges, and all other felonies and misdemeanors.
I also work pro bono with Equal Justice Wyoming and volunteer with several local non-profits.
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- DUI & DWI
- Products Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Colorado Supreme Court
- ID Number: 40942
- Wyoming State Bar
- ID Number: 7-4630
- Owner and Trail Lawyer
- Cowboy Country Criminal Defense - Wyoming, United States
- - Current
- I had so much fighting insurance bullies, I started a second law firm that protects the accused from over-zealous law enforcement and government bullies. I am a criminal defense law lawyer fighting the government to defend and protect the rights of those accused of felonies and misdemeanors, including DUIs, homicide, theft, drug charges, assault and battery, sex crimes, and white collar crimes. These kinds of charges can result in lost income, lost relationships, jail time, and many other unwelcome hardships. If you have faced these difficulties, you may also feel scared, angry, or confused. You may also feel overwhelmed or frustrated by the legal process and the chore of finding the best attorney for your specific case. These feelings are common, but you don't have to deal with this stress alone. You need a law firm that can you protect your best shot at freedom and help you take back the reins to your future. You need a better kind of criminal defense law firm.
- Owner and Trial Lawyer
- Platte River Injury Law - Casper, Wyoming Area
- - Current
- I am a personal injury law lawyer fighting insurance bullies and companies everyday to help good injured folks recover peace of mind and financial well-being. I handle car and trucking wrecks, workplace and oil field injuries, wrongful death, slip and fall, nursing home neglect, medical device liability, and medical malpractice. Any of these tragic experiences can cause physical pain and suffering, lost income, medical bills, and many other unwelcome hardships. If you have faced these difficulties you may also feel scared, angry, or confused. You may also feel overwhelmed or frustrated by the legal process and the chore of finding the best attorney for your specific case.
- Professor of Clinical Ethics
- Regis University - Greater Denver Area
- - Current
- I am a member of the affiliate faculty with the Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions at Regis University in Denver, Colorado where I teach nursing students and other aspiring healthcare professional classes on philosophical and clinical ethics, health policy, and the law.
- Bioethics Consultant
- Clinical Ethics Consultancy, LLC - Wyoming & Colorado
- As a consultant and lecturer with the CEC, I provide expert training, consultation, and continuing education for clinical ethics committee members, health care professionals and their institutions, and the general public. My work with the CEC focuses primarily on the nexus between law and bioethics and on helping hospitals and practitioners meet Joint Commission and other regulatory and professional guidelines, as well as helping healthcare professionals develop effective ethical perspective and institutional policies.
- Litigation Attorney
- Murane & Bostwick, LLC - Casper, Wyoming Area
- As an attorney with Murane & Bostwick, I litigated both criminal and civil cases, felony defense, DUIs, personal injury defense, landlord/tenant disputes, and workers' compensation claims. Before joining Murane & Bostwick, LLC, I concentrated primarily on litigation, health law, and oil & gas transactional and title opinion work in Wyoming and Colorado.
- Oil & Gas Attorney
- Veltri Law Firm, LLC - Casper, WY
- In my work with Wyoming and Colorado oil & gas producers, I have rendered numerous drilling order title opinions and have appeared multiple times before the WOGCC for applications and hearings on a variety of energy related matters. I also specialize in oil & gas related litigation, as well as breach of contract, probate, medical malpractice, underlying criminal suit, and healthcare law. I have served as lead attorney throughout all stages of litigation from beginning to end including pleadings, discovery, depositions of expert and non-expert witnesses, motion work and all related hearings, saving or earning my clients hundreds of thousands of dollars at summary judgment, mediation, settlement, or trial.
- Litigation Attorney
- Miller Law Office - Casper, WY
- At Miller Law Office I worked as lead attorney on a wide range of civil litigation cases including personal injury, underlying criminal suit, estate matters, oil and gas, business transactions, and breach of contract and am proficient at all stages of litigation from start to finish—pleadings, legal research, discovery, expert witness depositions, motions and hearings, mediations, settlement, and trial. Additionally, I have extensive health law experience, consulting healthcare professionals and institutions on a variety of bioethics matters, including institutional ethics training, drug-related product defect, nursing home liability, Joint Commission regulations, and non-profit community health.
- Bioethics Fellow
- World Health Organization
- During my time with the World Health Organization, I researched the ethics of remunerative markets in organs and worked with the WHO's head of organ transplantation to co-develop their official position on organ markets and transplantation. While there I also collaborated with international ethicists to establish the WHO’s Guiding Principles for Transplantation and drafted and implemented the WHO’s governing Glossary of Organ Transplantation and Transplant Tourism.
- Biochemistry Research Fellow
- Idaho State University College of Pharmacy - Pocatello, Idaho Area
- Published Research: “Manganese-Induced Neurotoxicity is Differentially Enhanced by Glutathione Depletion in Astrocytoma and Neuroblastoma Cells.” Neurochemical Research. 31 Nov. (2006): 1349-1357
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Loyola University Chicago
- M.S. | Bioethics & Health Law Policy
- Northwest Nazarene College
- B.S. | Biology & Chemistry
- Wyoming State Bar  # 7-4630
- Trial Lawyer's College
- Platte River Injury Law - Personal injury and accident attorney
- Information – Cowboy Country Criminal Defense
- When Is Possession of Marijuana a Felony in Wyoming?
October 13, 2021
- What is Manslaughter in Wyoming?
October 13, 2021
- Wyoming Theft Laws Overview
September 28, 2021
- Blog – Platte River Injury Law
- What Is the Average Settlement Amount for Mining Accidents?
December 1, 2021
- Understanding Mining Occupational Diseases in Wyoming
October 15, 2021
- Injured by an Oil Pipeline Explosion: Who Can I Sue?
September 28, 2021