I am an attorney licensed in the State of Illinois and the federal district court for the Northern District of Illinois. At The Collins Law Firm, I'm fortunate to be guided by, and work under, some extraordinary lawyers with decades of experience and success. The Firm represents clients--large and small--in environmental contamination matters, personal injury, and business/banking litigation. My practice focuses on banking and commercial matters, where I represent clients in: Litigation: Commercial foreclosure, breach of note/guarantee, UCC foreclosure, breach of contract, fraud, Deceptive Trade Practices/Consumer Fraud, on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants. Transactional Matters: For businesses, business consulting and negotiation of contracts. For banks, drafting and negotiating forbearance agreements and documenting loan origination, refinance, and workouts, loan documents, leases, mechanics' liens, and sales documents for commercial properties. I've worked on cases with a few thousand at stake, to many millions.
- Business Law
- Intellectual Property
- Environmental Law
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Real Estate Law
- Free Consultation
- English: Spoken, Written
- German: Spoken, Written
- The Collins Law Firm, P.C.
- - Current
- Along with nine other attorneys, I represent a wide-range of clients, primarily in banking and commercial litigation.
- Law Clerk
- The Collins Law Firm P.C.
- Research and draft litigation documents, including dispositive motions and briefs in banking and commercial litigation; research statutory and case law and draft memoranda on same. Work on multimillion dollar cases including commercial foreclosure, breach of note and guaranty, loan workouts, secured transactions, director and officer liability, and mechanic’s liens.
- Legal Intern
- Chicago-Kent College of Law Health Clinic
- Researched and drafted documents and correspondence for vaccine and diabetes litigation.
- Legal Extern
- Honorable Allen S. Goldberg
- Researched and wrote opinions on motions to dismiss and motions in limine on cases ranging from commercial mortgage backed securities contract disputes to professional malpractice.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Activities: Chicago-Kent Law Review: Member since August 2010; Notes and Comments Editor since August 2011 • CALI Awards: Legal Writing & Research 2; Pretrial Litigation; Evidence; Criminal Procedure; Trial Advocacy I
- North Central College
- B.A. | Economics, Finance, and German.
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- State Bar of Illinois # 6308759
- Christian Legal Society
- - Current
- Jeffrey M. Cisowski's Website Profile
- The Collins Law Firm, P.C. Website
- Illinois Personal Injury Lawyer Blog
- Need a Doctor or Surgeon? Check to See if They Have Been Sued For Medical Malpractice First
3 May 2019
- Five Collins Law Firm Attorneys Named to 2019 Super Lawyers List
2 May 2019
- Beach Park Anhydrous Ammonia Toxic Spill Attorneys
26 April 2019
- Parents Beware: Fisher-Price Recalls 4.7 Million Rock ‘N Play Sleepers
18 April 2019
- Pedestrian Deaths at New High: Who’s to Blame?
22 March 2019
- March Brain Injury Madness: Basketball Sports Second Most Common Brain Injury Risk
21 March 2019
- With Fatal Truck Crashes on the Rise, Learn How to Protect Yourself
13 March 2019
- Signs and Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury
12 March 2019
- Representing Sexual Abuse Victims at Rehab Facilities and Residential Centers
8 March 2019