Jeff is licensed to practice in all state courts, as well as the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas. He currently is a member of the State Bar of Texas, Austin Bar Association, Austin Business Executives League (ABEL), and Business Networking International (BNI). Jeff’s legal practice focusses primarily on business & commercial litigation, collections, business transactional law, business entity formations, mergers & acquisitions, contracts, wills, trusts, estate planning, and probate. Jeff is also a certified Mediator. He mediates legal disputes in family, business, and civil law.
Jeff graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a BBA in Business Administration with concentrations in Finance and Management and a BA in Government. Jeff was a member of Sigma Alpha Mu, and he is a life member of the Texas Exes. He is also an annual contributor to the Longhorn Foundation. Jeff has served as District Justice for Texas for Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International.
When he is not practicing law, Jeff is also an avid runner, marathoner, and Marathon Coach. He has completed over 35 marathons in more than 15 states, and has a goal of finishing a marathon in each of the 50 states, and beyond that, he aspires to complete a marathon on all 7 continents. He has been a Marathon Coach and Summer Training Program Director for Austin Fit (USA Fit Austin) and has also been a Marathon Coach for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training.
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
- English: Spoken, Written
- Partner Attorney
- Barnett & Leuty, P.C.
- Drake University
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- University of Texas - Austin
- B.B.A. (1991) | Business
- Texas State Bar # 00792346
- - Current
- Business Networking International
- Barnett & Leuty, PC website
- Barnett & Leuty, PC Blog
- Can a Trustee Be Held Personally Liable?
16 April 2018
- Choosing a Business Entity Form for your New Company
8 March 2018
- Seven Reasons to Update Your Will
7 February 2018
- A Trust to Help Fund the Payment of Estate Taxes
22 January 2018
- Would a Revocable Trust be Beneficial to You?
9 December 2017
- Choosing the Right Legal Form for Your Business
13 November 2017
- Estate Planning for Singles- Current Rules May Dictate Changes
12 October 2017
- Nursing Home Fraud: Studies Expose a Little-Known Risk
21 September 2017
- Tax Responsibilities After Someone Dies
8 August 2017