Free Consultation: (503) 420-5708Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Jeffery Demland

  • Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate Law
  • Oregon, Washington
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Jeff focuses his practice on estate planning, administration, and litigation. His practice grows from his experience in academic and pharmaceutical research, where he worked closely with oncology patients undergoing experimental treatments. He enjoys tackling complex issues, while keeping his clients’ real-world needs at the forefront of every decision. Jeff listens carefully to his clients to help them find the solution that’s right for them. His experience with scientific research taught him to be resilient and creative, and he enjoys applying this approach to advocate for his clients today.

Practice Areas
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oregon State Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Washington State Bar Association
ID Number: 54825
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Lewis & Clark Law School
J.D. (2014)
Honors: Cum laude
Activities: Lewis and Clark Law Review
Lewis & Clark Law School Logo
University of Cincinnati College of Pharmacy
M.S. (2007) | Drug Development
Placeholder image for education.
University of Cincinnati
Bachelor of Music (2005) | Trombone Performance
Honors: cum laude
University of Cincinnati Logo
Professional Associations
Oregon State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
1 Questions Answered
Q. How do a file a case above small claims where I intend to represent myself?
A: You would need to file a complaint for breach of contract in the circuit court for the county in which your home is located. In your complaint, you would need to make allegations to support your claim, including allegations to support the existence of a contract, how the contractor breached it, that you have performed all conditions on your part to be performed, and the amount of damages you suffer as a result of the contractor's breach.

The Oregon judicial department has a self help page that can guide you through the filing process, which can be done electronically:

Assuming that your contractor is licensed with the CCB, there are certain procedural requirements you must follow in order to obtain access to the contractor's bond for any judgment you obtain. I highly recommend you consult with an attorney that practices in this area to ensure your complaint is filed properly so you can hopefully obtain access to the contractor's bond. Good luck. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Demland & Cromwell LLC
7455 SW Bridgeport Road No 205
Tigard, OR 97219
Toll-Free: (503) 420-5708
Demland & Cromwell LLC
9220 SW Barbur Blvd.
Ste. 119, No. 205
Portland, OR 97219
Telephone: (503) 420-5708