I am an attorney who has completely dedicated my practice to the area of criminal defense. I handle cases ranging from traffic tickets to capital murder. My geographic practice area includes metro Atlanta, west Georgia, and counties south of Atlanta. I have been endorsed by over 100 lawyers and countless former clients. My law partner, Dane Garland, also exclusively handles criminal cases in the west Georgia and metro area.
I am the only lawyer named as a SuperLawyer in the area of criminal defense in the west Georgia area. I am also AV rated and have a 10.0 Avvo rating.
Our firm has excellent relationships with law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges. This is important because it significantly helps us obtain the best possible outcome for our clients.
I was elected to serve as the representative to the Board of Governors from the Coweta Judicial Circuit (Carroll, Coweta, Troup, and Meriwether.) The Board is the governing body of the State Bar of Georgia.
I was also appointed by Gov. Nathan Deal (R) (GA) to serve as the only criminal defense attorney on the Sexual Offender Registration Review Board (SORRB).
SORRB's mission is to protect Georgians from sex offenders who are being released from prison by leveling each offender based on their likelihood to re-offend.
I am also a big game hunter, gun owner, legal/political analyst, and autism advocate.
- Traffic Tickets
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- White Collar Crime
- Free Consultation
We generally offer free consultations. A teleconference with a lawyer is usually best way to see if the client and firm are a good match. We also meet with potential clients in our office when they are seeking to hire a criminal defense attorney.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
All fees are flat rates.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Adjunct Professor of Criminology
- University of West Georgia
- I serve the University of West Georgia as a professor in the Criminology Dept. I teach classes on criminal law and constitutional law.
- Senior Partner
- Swindle Law Group, P.C.
- - Current
- My website provides additional information about me, including the over 100 lawyers who have endorsed my skills and experience.
- - Current
- I have a 10.0 rating which is the highest possible rating. I have also been endorsed by numerous prior clients on the website.
- Mercer Univ-W.George L.S
- Law Degree
- Named Super Lawyer - Criminal Defense
- Super Lawyers
- Selected to Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2019 Less than 3% of lawyers are named Super Lawyers in the United States.
- AV Preeminent Rating - Highest Possible Rating For Legal Ability and Ethical Conduct
- Selected 2011-2019 Martindale-Hubbell is the most respected attorney rating service in the nation. An AV rating is the highest possible rating that an attorney can obtain.
- Top 100 Lawyers
- National Advocacy for DUI Defense
- This prestigious organization named me one of the top DUI/DWI lawyers in the state of Georgia.
- Georgia's Top Rated Lawyers of 2014
- Legal Leaders
- This organization, published in Atlanta Magazine, named me one of the top criminal defense attorneys in Georgia.
- 10.0 Superb Rating
- I have been awarded the highest possible rating from www.avvo.com.
- National Rifle Association
- - Current
- Activities: I am a strong supporter of all Constitutional rights, including the 2nd Amendment.
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- - Current
- Activities: This is an organization completely dedicated to preserving the Constitutional rights of the citizens of Georgia.
- Georgia State Bar
- - Current
Spiritual video describing the inner hunter and warrior that defines Jason W. Swindle Sr.Jason Swindle on OANN The Daily Ledger 5-4-18
OANN The Daily Ledger Jason Swindle is interviewed on the Mueller investigation.Community Voice 01/16/17
Guest host, Carrollton-based attorney Jason Swindle discusses the Carroll County Re-Entry Program with Ex. Dir. Bob Jackson.
- Q. Can I be convicted of a sell of meth. Just because I was present
- A: Well, to fully answer that question, you would need to know all of the facts surrounding the arrest. However, the prosecutor will probably rely on the legal concept of "party to a crime." In general, this means that if you aided, assisted, encouraged, helped, or were otherwise involved in the sale, you could be convicted just like the defendant who actually sold the meth. But, if you were merely present at the scene, you have no criminal liability.
- Q. On felony probation and just got a tampering with evidence charge what kind of time am i facing
- A: Well, you face a probation revocation where the judge can put you in jail for a period of time depending on the circumstances surrounding probation. Georgia has 2 Tampering statutes. Tampering w evidence in your case is a misdemeanor (12 months max in jail). Tampering w evidence in another person's case is a felony punishable by up to 3 yrs in prison.
- Q. what could two counts of the following charge bring? 16-8-18 - Entering automobile or other motor vehicle with intent
- A: What county is the case pending in?