Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGold
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Tickets
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Powers Law Group
- - Current
- Adjunct Faculty
- Skagit Valley College
- Taught classes in the Administration of Justice and Paralegal programs. Subjects included Criminal Law, Evidence and Constitutional Law.
- Prosecuting Attorney
- Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney at the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office; Deputy Prosecuting Attorney with Lewis County; Deputy Prosecuting Attorney with Skagit County
- University of California - Davis
- J.D. (2001)
- Western Washington University
- B.A. (1997) | Political Science
- Washington State Bar  # 31645
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
- Jason Powers' Website Profile
- Powers Law Group Website
- Powers Law Group Blog
22 Questions Answered
- Q. How to respond to an investigator's voicemail?
- A: Your instinct to obtain representation is right. Contact an attorney and try to meet with them. Most lawyers offer telephone or video conferences due to the Sheltering guidelines. Then discuss the benefits and dangers of speaking to the investigator. Finally, do not speak about this to anyone but your attorney.
- Q. i was stopped for dui but blew a 0- i dont drink but i do take medications which caution about driving/operating equipme
- A: There is a backlog of blood tests at the Washington State Patrol. It seems to take at least four months for the blood to be tested. When it is tested, the lab will check for substances that could affect driving and/or illegal.
- Q. Do you have to go to rehab after a first-time DUI?
- A: If you are convicted of a DUI, or a DUI related offense in Washington state, the court will order you to obtain an assessment to determine if you need any sort of alcohol treatment. The amount of treatment, or rehab, will be based upon that assessment. Some people are ordered to do a one day class called Alcohol Drug Information School (ADIS). Others are ordered to attend treatment of some sort for up to two years.
Contact & Map