Free Consultation: (360) 419-0809Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jason Powers

Jason Powers

Powers Law Group
  • DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence, Criminal Law ...
  • Washington
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldSocial Media
Practice Areas
    DUI & DWI
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Powers Law Group
- Current
Adjunct Faculty
Skagit Valley College
Taught classes in the Administration of Justice and Paralegal programs. Subjects included Criminal Law, Evidence and Constitutional Law.
Prosecuting Attorney
Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney at the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office; Deputy Prosecuting Attorney with Lewis County; Deputy Prosecuting Attorney with Skagit County
University of California - Davis
J.D. (2001)
University of California - Davis Logo
Western Washington University
B.A. (1997) | Political Science
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington State Bar  # 31645
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Jason Powers' Website Profile
Powers Law Group Website
Powers Law Group Blog
Legal Answers
23 Questions Answered
Q. 15 years ago I was a first time offender charge with simple battery 16-5-23. I was given a program to take and I did not
A: It looks as though the offense was out of Georgia? I advise you to speak to an attorney who is licensed to practice in the state of your offense. The answer would depend on what type of battery (assault) If you were convicted in Washington. If the charge included Domestic Violence or was a felony, you would need to restore your right to possess firearms. This only applies if the charge was from Washington and you live here. Since the charge seems to be out of another state, then I suggest you speak to an attorney from there.
Q. How to respond to an investigator's voicemail?
A: Your instinct to obtain representation is right. Contact an attorney and try to meet with them. Most lawyers offer telephone or video conferences due to the Sheltering guidelines. Then discuss the benefits and dangers of speaking to the investigator. Finally, do not speak about this to anyone but your attorney.
Q. i was stopped for dui but blew a 0- i dont drink but i do take medications which caution about driving/operating equipme
A: There is a backlog of blood tests at the Washington State Patrol. It seems to take at least four months for the blood to be tested. When it is tested, the lab will check for substances that could affect driving and/or illegal.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Powers Law Group
309 Pine St
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Telephone: (360) 419-0809
Fax: (360) 419-0810