Free Consultation: (305) 931-0478Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jason E. Neufeld

Jason E. Neufeld

Personal Injury Attorney | Elder Law Attorney | Medicaid Planning Lawyer
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Personal Injury
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial MediaResponsive Law

Jason Neufeld is proud to represent the most vulnerable members of our community - the injured (as a partner of Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA, which has a 30+ year tradition of fighting for the rights of injured clients) and elderly (as the founder of Elder Needs Law, PLLC, he is proud to represent senior citizens in various elder law matters including medicaid planning, VA pension planning, estate planning and incapacity planning).

Since 2012, Jason has been named a Rising Star in Super Lawyers magazine or honored in Florida Trends Magazine as a Legal Elite Up & Comer. Jason earned his Bachelors of Arts degree from Emory University and obtained his Juris Doctorate and Masters of Business Administration (JD / MBA) degrees from the University of Miami.

Jason is on the board of directors of the North Dade Bar Association and North Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce. He is also a member of the Florida Justice Association, Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and a Leadership Broward Class XXXII (Aroo!) Graduate.

Jason has previously sat on a 11th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee and was honored with a proclamation (Jason Neufeld Day) from North Miami Beach Mayor Rabin in 2007 for his civic activism. Jason formerly served on the Board of Directors for 2-1-1 Broward (2011-2013).

Personal Injury Website: https:?/
Elder Law / Medicaid Planning Website:

Practice Areas
  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
  • medicaid planning
  • Car Accidents
  • Slip and Fall / Trip and Fall
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultations are provided for personal-injury clients.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    We accept checks and credit cards for Medicaid planning and other elder law matters.
  • Contingent Fees
    No recovery, no fee guarantee for personal injury clients.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Elder law / Medicaid planning cases are accepted on a flat-fee basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
11th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee
Florida State Bar
I sit on a 11th Judicial Circuit grievance committee.
North Dade Bar Association
University of Miami School of Law
Obtained joint JD/MBA degrees
Honors: Moot Court Board
Emory University
B.A. | Psychology
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Covers 2017 and 2018
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Legal Elite Up and Comer
Florida Trend Magazine
"Jason Neufeld Day"
City of North Miami Beach
Proclamation for civic activism.
Power Player Award
Florida International Magazine
Professional Associations
Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys
Medicaid Committee
- Current
Elder Law College
- Current
North Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
Board of Director
- Current
B'nai Brith Justice Unit
Board Member
Aventura Marketing Council
North Dade Bar Association
Leadership Broward
North Dade Bar Association
2-1-1 Broward
Board of Director
Activities: 2-1-1 Broward is a non-profit organization that connects the residents of Broward County to one or more of the 3000 potential programs and services that can offer relevant help or support with the caller√Ęs specific need.
Emerge Broward
Project Manager, member
North Dade Bar Association
Speaking Engagements
Medicaid Planning 101, Aging and Disability Resource Center Seminar, ADRC - Broward
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County
Websites & Blogs
Elder Needs Law, PLLC - a medicaid planning and elder law firm
Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA - a car accident, slip and fall personal injury law firm
Neufeld Law Firm
Can I Keep Medicaid after Inheritance or Injury Settlement

If a Medicaid recipient receives money from an inheritance or personal injury settlement, this video explains some of the options available to maintain their Medicaid eligibility.

What is a Miller Trust?

Miller Trust | Qualified Income Trust | d4B Trust - these are all terms that mean the same thing. They allow Floridians applying for Medicaid to qualify when they would otherwise fail Medicaid's income test.

Lady Bird Deed

Lady bird deeds are also known as "enhanced life estate deeds" and can be extremely valuable in both an estate-planning context and to avoid medicaid estate recovery.

Medicaid 5 year lookback

This video answers: What is the medicaid five-year look back period? It also clears up some confusion about the 5-year rule and how the medicaid penalty period is calculated.

Medicaid Estate Recovery

What is medicaid estate recovery and how can it be avoided (or at least minimized).

Personal Services Contract

What is a personal services contract (also known as caregiver agreement) and when is it useful in a medicaid planning context?

Can I qualify for Medicaid with an IRA or 401k?

While IRAs and 401(k)s are usually substantial assets, there are several mechanisms an elder law attorney / medicaid planning attorney can utilize to turn them into what Medicaid would call a "non-countable resources."

What is collision coverage? (Florida Car Insurance 101)

What is Collision Coverage?

Texting and Driving in Florida

Texting and Driving Law in Florida

What is bodily injury liability insurance? (Florida Car Insurance 101)

What is bodily injury insurance coverage?

Who can be sued in an 18-wheeler or semi-truck case in Florida?

Who can be sued in a truck-driving accident case in Florida?

Legal Answers
71 Questions Answered

Q. We want to sell my Mom's home in Florida, but don't know where to legally place the funds afterwards. Help please?!?!
A: There are a variety of legal and ethical ways to protect the proceeds of the home sale and qualify your mother for ICP-Medicaid (which pays for nursing home care). Depending on the net amount, the medicaid-complaint strategies would change.
Q. Can I sell my home in Florida without Medicaid taking proceeds?
A: With proper planning in advance of the sale, you can avoid Medicaid touching any of the proceeds. You have the option of selling with the intent on purchasing another home, which I talk about in this article: Or, in the situation, where you want to sell the house and rent (or move into an ALF if you need extra help) or even move into a friend/child/sibling's home - there are a variety of strategies to protect the proceeds. They all have pros and cons.... and usually a combination of strategies are needed, which is why a consultation is needed. I see you are in Seffner. I have an office in Brandon. Feel free to call to schedule a consultation.
Q. I am successor trustee in my fathers trust. Am I able to sign the title of his car over to a buyer in the state of FL?
A: I agree with the two other answers. As trustee, you have the ability to take action with regard to any asset that is properly titled in the name of the trust (subject to the trust's limitations, i.e. it may direct you, as trustee, to sell the car and distribute the proceeds to one or more beneficiaries. Or it may direct you to transfer title to one particular beneficiary). As my colleague stated, its worthwhile to have the trust reviewed by an attorney to ensure you are in compliance with the document. Good luck to you!
Q. Hi, what is the cost to file for guardianship for a parent with dementia? Thank you.
A: Assuming that it is not contested, my office charges $4,000.00 - $5,000. If you're interested in discussing further, please reach out.
Q. Can a POA be partially revoked, in this case for medical, so a new POA can do that part?
A: You would want to revoke the entire document and have your elder care attorney draft a new one that complies with your wishes. This will prevent confusion when 3rd parties are trying to figure out who is supposed to make which decisions for you. All the best, Jason
Q. I came to FL from Mass. FL is now my home. Is my Mass will valid in FL
A: Florida recognizes out-of-state Wills if legally executed in that other state. However, there are some practical reasons to redo your estate planning documents. Below is a link to a video I made, called: Do I need new estate planning documents if I'm moving to Florida | All the best, Jason
Q. Ward is confined to memory care at ALF. Son is guardian, can wards house hold bills be paid through the guardianship?
A: There are a lot of potential reasons why the paralegal is suggesting what he/she is suggesting. Make an appointment to speak with the guardianship attorney to understand the gameplan.
Q. Mom is 87 yrs old and is behind on a 112,000 mortgage, can she walk away ?
A: Mom can let lender know that she does not have the means to pay and attempt whats called a "deed-in-lieu of foreclosure" this can help prevent the bank from attempting to collect against any remaining balance owed (if any) after the property is sold. Good luck to you!
Q. Can a spend down plan for post medicaid eligibility include a purchase of a sole automobile with extended warranty?
A: There would be no restriction on purchasing an automobile with an extended warranty, provided that it is your mother's only automobile, that it will be used primarily to transport her places or for her benefit (i.e. don't buy your mother a car and then you drive it to work everyday). If she is bedbound and never leaves the nursing home it probably wouldn't be reasonable for you to purchase a car on her behalf, she would be better served utilizing another Medicaid planning strategy. Hope this helps.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Elder Needs Law, PLLC - a medicaid planning and elder law firm
2641 NE 207th Street
Aventura, FL 33180
Telephone: (305) 931-0478
Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA - South Florida
2641 NE 207th Street
Aventura, FL 33180
Telephone: (305) 931-6666
Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA - Central Florida
1102 S. Florida Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33803
Telephone: (863) 576-5620