James E. Monroe is a partner at Dupée & Monroe. P.C. where he devotes his practice to representing injured plaintiffs in personal injury litigation including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, and construction accidents. James also maintains an active criminal defense practice and represents people whose civil rights have been violated. James received his undergraduate degree from Albany State University in 1991 and earned his Juris Doctorate law degree from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan in 1996. In addition to his law practice, James is proud to serve as Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Access:Supports For Living. Chairperson of the Orange County Cornell University Cooperative Extension; and chairman of the Orange County Foreign Trade Zone Board. James also volunteers as an Assistant Scoutmaster for Boy Scout Troop 63, Goshen, New York.
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Drug Offenses
- Free Consultation
I offer a free, 24/7 consultation for 1 hour.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- New Jersey
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Law Clerk
- State of Michigan
- Performed research and legal writing in support of legal staff.
- Law Clerk
- Office of the New York State Attorney General
- Conducted legal research and writing in support of legal staff assigned to the Department of Consumer Fraud.
- Clerk for Senator Arthur Gray - 39th District
- New York State Senate
- Assisted Senator Gray with office support, constituent communications, drafting legislation and political events.
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- J.D. (1996) | Doctor of Law (J.D.), Legal Studies, General
- Honors: Blue Book Award for academic excellence and achievement in lawyering before trial.
- Blue Book Award
- The Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Academic excellence and achievement in lawyering before trial.
- New York State Bar # 2787117
- - Current
- Dupée & Monroe Website
- Dupée & Monroe Scores Huge Victory for New York Car Accident Victim
30 September 2019
- Wallkill NASCAR Driver Returns to Truck Series after Arrest
19 September 2019
- How to Clear a Bench Warrant in New York
26 August 2019
- Limiting Secondary Consequences of Convictions: Sealing Your New York Criminal Record
31 July 2019
- New York Implements Law Raising the Age for Prosecution as an Adult
16 July 2019
- Victims of Predatory Local Priest Offered Second Chance at Seeking Justice
30 June 2019
- Dupée & Monroe Successfully Holds Abuser Liable
10 June 2019
- New York State Considers Lowering DWI Limit
31 May 2019
- Filing a Wrongful Death Claim in New York
16 May 2019