Jaclyn J. Robertson specializes in divorce and family law matters. A former prosecutor, licensed in both California and Utah, she is a skilled and experienced advocate.
During her years as a prosecutor with the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s office, Jaclyn mastered the intricacies of the courtroom and litigation. She handled hundreds of cases from initial screening through to jury trial verdicts. As a prosecutor, she spent years on the domestic violence team, and was also appointed as the special victims prosecutor for the juvenile team. The complexities and interpersonal demands she successfully handled in these cases serve her clients well in her family law practice.
Since leaving the District Attorney’s office, Jaclyn has focused her practice almost exclusively on divorce and family law matters. She handles a wide range of divorce cases, ranging from low conflict and straightforward division of assets, to high conflict custody battles and or complex martial estates. She works to resolve the issues in a manner that is fair and that sets her clients on a path to recovering and moving forward from divorce. She advocates through very personal and stressful cases, ranging from divorce and custody resolutions, to enforcement or modification of existing orders.
Before returning to Utah, in 2006, Jaclyn spent a year on the Hill, in Washington DC, drafting legal memoranda and Op Eds as Legal Assistant in a United States Congressional Office.
Jaclyn began her career in 2005 with Porter Simon, a California law firm. A civil litigation associate, she worked on a variety of cases ranging from domestic disputes to personal injury matters, both at the trial and appellate level.
Born and raised in Canada, Jaclyn is fluent in French and Canadianisms. She hikes, bikes and explores the Utah Mountains and other beautiful places, whenever time permits. She loves spending time with her two children, adventuring with them around Salt Lake City and b
- Family Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
- State Bar of California
- Utah State Bar
- ID Number: 11951
- English: Spoken, Written
- French: Spoken, Written
- Westminster Coll
- Undergraduate Degree
- McGeorge School of Law Univ of the Pacific
- Law Degree
- Utah State Bar # 11951
- - Current
- California State Bar # 236232
- - Current
- Divorce Lawyers in Salt Lake City Utah
- JR Law Group Salt Lake City Family Law Attorney
- 4 Topics to Cover in a Utah Divorce Consultation
3 October 2019
- 4 Things Women Need to Know About Divorce
20 September 2019
- How to Prepare for Mediation in Utah
12 September 2019
- 4 Common Utah Divorce Myths
5 September 2019
- First 4 Steps in a Utah Divorce
22 August 2019
- What Happens If You Don’t Respond to Divorce Papers
14 August 2019
- 4 Things You Should Know Before Filing for Divorce in Utah
8 August 2019
- What to know before you sign an agreement in Mediation
1 August 2019
- How to Not End Up in a Utah Divorce Attorney’s Office
25 July 2019
In Utah divorce cases involving children, custody is a big issue. Today we talk about the top 10 things you should be doing if you want joint 50/50 custody of...Utah Divorce - How is Alimony Calculated
ALIMONY is a big issue in Utah divorce cases. Jaclyn Robertson discusses how is alimony calculated, who will receive or have to pay alimony and for how long. JR Law Group...How to Divorce in Utah
You've decided to get divorced, now what? Learn how to get divorced in Utah and what you should and should not do first. JR Law Group - Connect with us! Phone:...
- Q. I have to go to court for temporary relief?? Not sure what for or what to expect?
- A: Hi. Happy to help, but first need a little more information. I'm assuming this is for a pending divorce action. If so, you should have received a Motion for Temporary Relief as well as other supporting documents. That Motion will outline the relief being sought. We have a video that explains Temporary Orders found here: https://jrlawgroup.com/family-law-friday-temporary-orders/ Hope that helps. If you'd like more information pertaining to your specific situation please feel free to contact Marie at my office and schedule a consultation. 385-770-7453