Profile Image Placeholder

J. Timothy Bender

Buckley King Co., L.P.A.
  • Tax Law, White Collar Crime
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
Practice Areas
Tax Law
Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
White Collar Crime
Professional Experience
Of Counsel
Buckley King Co., L.P.A.
- Current
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered
Q. I have sole Custody of my 6 children. Ex has limited visitation due to DV.
A: As the checks are being sent to the address of the parent who claimed the children as dependents on his or her 2019 federal income tax return (or the 2018 return if the 2019 tax return has not yet been filed), the stimulus payment for the three children claimed as dependents by your husband most likely will go to him in his name at his address.

Whether he is able to keep that $1,500 rather than giving it to you is likely a domestic relations issue. You may want to talk with the lawyer who represented you in the divorce or to another lawyer who practices in that specialty area.
Q. What is the case name for 18 US 111
A: What you asked about is not a valid case citation. No case starts on page 111 in volume 18 of the Supreme Court reporter (which is abbreviated as "U.S."). Page 111 is a page within the Supreme Court's opinion in US v. Wiltberger, 18 U.S. 76, an 1820 case. The case starts at page 76 of volume 18.

Not sure if it is of any relevance, but there is a federal criminal statute 18 U.S.C. 111, which makes it a crime to assault, resist or impede an employee or agent of the US government in the performance of their official duties. U.S.C. is the abbreviation for the United State Code, the codified statutes of the laws of the United States. Title 18 is the federal criminal statut es. ... Read More
Q. Is not paying taxes a crime?
A: Many jurisdictions have criminal penalties for non-payment of income taxes. The federal statute is 26 USC Section 7202. A criminal penalty is generally sought when the taxpayer has been ignoring letters and/or bills or is spending money without regard to his or her tax liability.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Bender, Alexander & Broome Co., L.P.A.
Suite 1400
600 Superior Ave., East
Cleveland, OH 44114
Telephone: (216) 685-4750
Cell: (440) 223-8755
Fax: (216) 579-1020
Monday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed