Free Consultation: (603) 883-0797Tap to Call This Lawyer
Israel Piedra

Israel Piedra

  • Personal Injury, Appeals & Appellate
  • Massachusetts, New Hampshire
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

***"Answers on this website are for information purposes only and do not constitute legal advice, nor do they form an attorney-client relationship***. ***

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Appeals & Appellate
Additional Practice Area
  • Litigation
  • Free Consultation
    I offer a free half hour consultation in most matters--after that my normal hourly rate applies. Personal injury consultations are free, and you don't pay a fee unless we win.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Hampshire
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Judicial Intern
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Boston College Law School
J.D. (2015)
Activities: Moot court, Law review
Bates College
B.A. (2012) | Politics; Music Performance
Professional Associations
Massachusetts State Bar
New Hampshire State Bar
Nashua Bar Association
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
Articles & Publications
Trees or Towers: The Battle Over Northern Pass
Vermont Journal of Environmental Law
Confusing Regulatory Takings with Regulatory Exactions: The Supreme Court Gets Lost in the Swamp of Koontz
Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review
Legal Answers
41 Questions Answered

Q. I am 13 years old,am I allowed to go to court to support my family member?
A: Anyone is allowed in a courtroom. It is open to the public, with certain very limited exceptions. I'm not sure I understand your question.
Q. My neighbors tree has large branches over hanging onto my property. Can I legally cut them if it’s their tree?
A: There is no clear answer to this question in New Hampshire, surprisingly. The Vermont Supreme Court case of Alvarez v. Katz has some guidance (Vermont law): Practically speaking, if you cut without permission, you are risk the possibility of a claim against you (particularly if it would damage the health of the tree). Best to reach some sort of written agreement/permission with your neighbor.
Q. Is alcoholism grounds for loss of child custody?
A: That would certainly be a factor in a custody (parenting) determination. However, courts tend to want both parents involved in the children's lives. Without documented abuse, it is difficult to fully terminate parental rights. If the alcoholism is well documented (arrests for DUI, etc.), you MAY be able to get favorable custody split, and he may only be allowed supervised visitation, etc. However, you would need to consult with an attorney to review the specifics of your situation.
Q. I slipped, fell, and hit my head outside my local cafe because they didn't properly shovel the snow last January.
A: The short answer is: anyone can sue anyone for anything. The longer answer: you would need to show that your injury is a result of negligence in order to prevail. You should speak with an attorney. Most attorneys would only be willing to take on your case on a contingency fee basis if the injuries/medical bills were relatively substantial.
Q. If you lose an appeal can you appeal again?
A: Most likely, no.
Q. I received a complaint for divorce. Is my husband required to pay for my attorney if I have no money?
A: No
Q. Can I immediately file for an annulment OR divorce in New Hampshire by moving there and/OR establishing residency there?
A: One of the following must apply to file for divorce in New Hampshire: 1) both parties live in New Hampshire, 2) the petitioner (the spouse starting the divorce action) has lived in New Hampshire for one year, or 3) the petitioner lives in New Hampshire and their spouse can be served with divorce papers in New Hampshire.
Q. Someone trespassed (broke into) into my apartment and I have them on camera. What do I do to file a burglary charge?
A: Go speak to your local police.
Q. My husband is in need of surgery for a golf ball size tumor is being sent to Boston. We just found out about this tumor
A: Yes. You should certainly talk to an attorney. This is a possible case of medical malpractice, though of course a lot more investigation is necessary.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Welts, White & Fontaine, PC
29 Factory Street
Nashua, NH 03061
Telephone: (603) 883-0797
Welts, White & Fontaine, PC
Milford, NH, USA
Telephone: (603) 883-0797