Free Consultation: (312) 471-0014Tap to Call This Lawyer
Iskra Panteva

Iskra Panteva

Immigration Attorney
  • Immigration Law
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Iskra advises multinational companies, executives and individuals in all aspects of employment-based immigration, investment and family immigration. She has assisted companies in best practices and corporate compliance with issues involving foreign workers. In her career, she has worked for a big international law firm and has lead the immigration department in a well-known Chicago firm. She has been recently nominated by the American Institute of Legal Counsel as 10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in the practice are of Immigration Law. In 2017, she was also recognized as Top 40 Under 40 by the National Advocates. She has given speeches and presentation at major national conferences and forums. She graduated from Loyola University Chicago School of Law. She is admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
7th Circuit
  • Bulgarian: Spoken, Written
  • Chinese
  • English
  • Spanish: Written
Professional Experience
Panteva Law Group LLC
- Current
Johnson, Blumberg & Associates
- Current
Associate Attorney
Dentond f/k/a/ Dacheng Law Offices
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
J.D. (2013) | JD
Loyola University Chicago
B.A. (2008) | History
Honors: Cum Laude
10 Best Immigration Attorneys
American Institute of Legal Counsel
Top 40 Under 40
The National Advocates
Professional Associations
American Bar Association # 02212062
State Bar of Illinois # 6311289
Women's Bar Association of Illinois
AILA National Pro Bono Liaisons
AILA # 40838
- Current
Articles & Publications
How to Get the Gold or Investment Immigration in Spain
Speaking Engagements
Know Your Rights, City of Cicero
Know Your Rights, Chicago Heights
The Changing Face of Immigration: How Businesses Can Tackle Immigration in 2017, NAMWOLF Annual Conference, Chicago, IL
Work Permit and Visa Requirements, Chicago, IL
Instituto Cervates in Chicago
Immigration for Employers under President Trump
Phi Betta Kappa
Websites & Blogs
Panteva Law Group LLC Website
Panteva Law Group LLC - Legal Blog
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. in what category I fall for GC as I hold 3+2 years degree from India with 14 yrs exp? Am I eligible for EB2/3. In H1
A: It will depends on whether your degree is equivalent to Bachelor or Master's degree. Generally, if it is equivalent to Bachelor, then you are eligible for EB3. If it is Master's, you are eligible for EB2. In regards to the EB1, there is a different test that needs to be performed; whether you are person with extraordinary ability, transferee or researcher/ professor.
Q. I just married my husband. I want to bring him to USA. Am a green card holder. But my husband as went for an interview
A: It depends on the visa he is applying for. He shouldn’t have problems applying for immigrant visa. However, if he is applying for tourist visa, there might be a problem as to whether he intents to come here temporarily. Consult with immigration attorney on your particular situation.
Q. My husband is on tourist visa in the USA. We have been married for 8 years, 2 kids. I would like to know how soon
A: In general, after 90 days. However, you need to discuss your situation with an experienced immigration attorney as this is not a common situation and the details of every case are different.
Q. Am I in legal status when i94 expired, H1B extension in process and then applied for COS to H4 which is also in process?
A: While your petition and application are pending, you are in legal status. You will need the H-1B petition to be approved as this is a bridge petition between your initial H-1b and the application to change status to H-4. There should not be any problems just because you have two ongoing cases. However, make sure that you have an experienced attorney on your side.
Q. Can you get married to an illegal immigrant in Illinois?
A: Yes. You can get married to an illegal immigrant, and he can pursue immigration benefits. For more information, you should contact an experienced immigration attorney.
Q. How long a visa petition stay good after USCIS approve it ?
A: It depends on numerous factors such as type of petition, the priority date, National Visa Center's status, the petitioner's actions, etc. You should contact an experienced immigration attorney in order to evaluate your case and to confirm for how long the petition can be good.
Q. Hello, I have an immigration question, about reentry if I travel abroad
A: I would recommend to get the certified disposition of the charges and get an opinion from an experienced immigration attorney. It is hard to advise you on the limited information that we have without knowing the exact section of the law that you were charged under.
Q. Convert to H4 status without leaving country visa after visa denied?
A: He needs to contact an experienced immigration attorney. In general, it can be done but it will depend on the particular circumstances.
Q. Need an attorney advice on EB (Employment Based) Immigration
A: You will need to schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney who can look in details in your qualifications and the position. Generally, it can be done but it will depend on your country of birth, highest education achieved, the financial position of the employer, your proposed duties, etc.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Panteva Law Group, LLC
444 W Lake Street
Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60606
Telephone: (312) 471-0014
Fax: (312) 577-0430