Mr. Herrick has over nine years of corporate law experience working as in-house counsel for established and growing technology companies; outside counsel to startups, software development companies, and software developers; and as an associate in a large New York City law firm.
His experience spans the tech industry and IP law spectrum, including:
- representing an online social media company, a global automotive business, and an online real property rental company in matters ranging from large-scale software development projects to drafting the company's website agreements and nondisclosure agreements,
- negotiating cross-border collaborative research and licensing agreements with various world-renowned universities,
- negotiations with large multinational medical device and pharmaceutical companies over the disclosure and potential monetization of a company’s intellectual property, and
- representing a research and development company in front of the USPTO to secure the company’s patent protection.
Mr. Herrick has also represented multiple software development companies and software developers in negotiations over independent contractor agreements and subcontractor agreements.
While working as an associate at a large New York City firm, Mr. Herrick assisted in the representation of a group of private equity funds in a “credit bid” acquisition of a popular fine china maker, a hedge fund during the fund’s liquidation and transfer of $2 billion in assets to a private equity fund.
Mr. Herrick has almost five years of computer programming experience and in-depth knowledge of online security. Recently, he prepared expert testimony used in an international arbitration proceeding involving contractual breaches and intentional misconduct by a software developer and system administration that resulted in a significant arbitration award.
- Business Law
- Communications & Internet Law
- Intellectual Property
- Employment Law
- Seed funding
- Venture Capital funding
- Startup lawyer
- State Bar of New York