Free Consultation: (908) 264-7701Tap to Call This Lawyer
Howard Lesnik

Howard Lesnik

Helping accident victims and families recover the full value of their accident c
  • Personal Injury, Criminal Law, Appeals & Appellate...
  • New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Mr. Lesnik is a Certified Trial Lawyer in New Jersey who brings his experience and knowledge of the laws of New Jersey to protect you and your family. Allow yourself time to heal from your injuries while your attorney handles the insurance company, and other legal matters concerning any exposure to criminal charges.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Criminal Law
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Juvenile Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
My NJ Injury Lawyer Howard P. Lesnik, Esq.
- Current
Triarsi Betancourt Wukovits
Seton Hall University
J.D. (2000) | Law
Seton Hall University Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
B.A. (1996) | Economics
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
Professional Associations
Certified Criminal Trial Attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Jersey Association of Justice
Regular Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
10 Best, Client Satisfaction
Placeholder image for professional associations.
District XII Ethics Committee
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Jersey State Bar # 003952001
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Certified Criminal Trial Attorney
New Jersey Supreme Court
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered

Q. Are motor vehicle laws applicable in strip mall parking lots.. ex: speeding, seatbelt, turn signal, handicap/FZ parking
A: Handicapped parking is applicable to all parking lots. Moving violations are subject to public roads. Please consult with an attorney to discuss the facts that you are asking about.
Q. How many steps and what can I do before the county criminal court summons
A: Second degree eluding is charged when someone is alleged to have created a risk of death or injuring when fleeing police. Since second degree offenses carry 5-10 years in jail, you should consult with an attorney to go over the facts of your case.
Q. What dose NJ violation 2C : 12-1C (2) mean and how bad is it
A: It’s an assault by auto charge, which is a 4th degree offense and up to 18 months in jail, unless it happened during a DWI, in which case it is a third-degree offense, punishable from 3 to 5 years in state prison.
Q. Hi, my son was waive as an adult he is 17years old.
A: Someone who is charged with a crime(s) that has a presumption of incarceration or a mandatory minimum period of parole ineligibility must submit compelling reasons in order to considered for PTI.
Q. What should you do if you have an under-aged minor involved in a car accident without a licences?
A: You should make sure it is properly reported to your insurance company, and consult with an attorney. Were there any injuries and/or traffic summons issued?
Q. I got arrested in New Jersey for drug paraphernalia, What does that hold ?
A: Paraphernalia is a disorderly persons offense, and more importantly, in addition to $1,000 fine, you may face a driver’s license suspension. You should consult with an attorney to discuss your options and defenses.
Q. I was ask to take breathe test but machine was broken so I was told I don't have to take it then I was charged with ref
A: DWIs and refusal cases are very serious and you can lose your license for 7 to 12 months for a first offense. You should consult with an attorney to see if the police followed the requirements in order to administer the Alcotest. Also, an attorney can examine whether the machine was calibrated properly, whether it was operable, and obtain the repair records.
Q. Question, what other alternatives are there to going to Prison,, if not eligible for the "drug court Program"...
A: Probation and sometimes special probation may be offered in certain cases. You can appeal your drug court rejection within 14 days. You should review your rejection with an attorney to see if you were legally or clinically rejected. As to the terms of your plea bargain, that depends on a number of factors, including the charges, the strength of the case, and your prior record, if any.
Q. Police officer giving different accounts from what he originally wrote in police report...
A: Unfortunately, if the motion to suppress was denied, the judge ruled that the evidence seized in your case will be admissible in your trial. Despite the conflicting versions, the judge found the officer credible if he denied your motion. You should consult with a lawyer to review the reports and the testimony from the motion hearing.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Howard P. Lesnik, LLC
928 Mountain Ave
2nd Floor
Mountainside, NJ 07092
Telephone: (908) 264-7701
Cell: (973) 819-5601
Fax: (908) 264-7710