Howard Errol Gilbert Esq.Gilbert Law Group
- Arbitration & Mediation, Civil Rights, Education Law ...
- New York
The GILBERT LAW GROUP is a private practice law firm devoted exclusively to Labor and Employment Law matters. Mr. Gilbert's experience is extensive, spanning more than 30 years as an attorney, professor, negotiator, arbitrator, and mediator involving a wide array of labor and employment disputes in both the private and public sectors.
Call 631.630.0100 or go to www.gilbertlegal.net for more information.
The firm serves a diverse range of clients. Mr. Gilbert provides daily counsel regarding employment discrimination and harassment of all types, labor-management issues, wage and hour/overtime issues, Dept. of Labor investigations and audits, employee relations, contract administration and interpretation, executive compensation, severance, ERISA, pensions/retirement,discipline and discharge, human resource,and disability issues. Additional areas of practice include Education Law, Civil Service Law, Constitutional, and government and municipal law.
Mr. Gilbert's litigation experience is extensive, encompassing various administrative agencies, and the federal and state courts, at both the trial and appellate levels, including the U.S. Supreme Court and N.Y.S. Court of Appeals.
Over the years, Mr. Gilbert has handled literally hundreds of administrative proceedings including contractual grievance arbitrations, disciplinary hearings, unfair labor practice hearings, representation cases, organizational campaigns, and employment discrimination matters. He regularly appears before such agencies as the EEOC, State Division of Human Rights, American Arbitration Association, National Labor Relations Board, NYS and US Departments of Labor, Public Employment Relations Board, and Merit Systems Protection Board. Mr. Gilbert has also regularly supervised or handled comprehensive collective bargaining negotiations.
Typical issues involve discipline and discharge, executive compensation disputes, sexual harassment, whistleblowing, contract administration and interpretation disputes, arbitrability, commissions, seniority, compensation, employee and labor relations policy, family and medical leave, reasonable accommodation, past practices, retirement compensation, overtime, denial of benefits, past practices, management rights, promotion and upgrading, transfers, health care, unfair labor practices, compliance with Employee Handbooks, layoffs, subcontracting, wage and hour, increase of production work rules, employment discrimination, unfair labor practices, union representation issues, and health and safety issues. The firm also handles disputes concerning administration of collective bargaining agreements, Handbook policies, and complex collective bargaining negotiations.
Mr. Gilbert currently serves as an Arbitrator and Neutral Chairperson for both Nassau and Suffolk County District Courts. Mr. Gilbert has been a neutral appellate Hearing Officer on behalf of the Chancellor, New York City Board of Education in various disputes. Mr. Gilbert is a certified Labor Mediator and Arbitrator for the Employment Discrimination Resolution (EDR) and Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) panels of the Nassau County Bar Association.
Mr. Gilbert has lectured or taught numerous seminars and courses in such topics as Employment Discrimination Law, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblowers, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Employment At Will, Discipline and Discharge, Labor Law, Civil Service Law, and Fair Employment Practices. Mr. Gilbert has been an Adjunct Professor for Cornell University/New York State School of Industrial and Labor Relations.
Mr. Gilbert is a member of the American, New York State, Suffolk County, and Nassau County Bar Associations, where he serves on various committees. He is a member of the Melville Chamber of Commerce.
Mr. Gilbert is a graduate of Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts (top 5%) (B.A. Double Major: English and Psychology), and has a Juris Doctor degree from St. John's University School of Law (1980). He successfully completed the National Institute of Trial Advocacy in August 1984.
The LAW OFFICES OF HOWARD E. GILBERT prides itself in providing the highest quality legal representation. Its overall objective has been and continues to be a specific commitment to outstanding, meticulous, and immediate service, caring, and developing an ongoing personal relationship with each of its clients. Call 631.630.0100 and ask for Mr. Gilbert or visit the firm's website at gilbertlegal.net.
CARE - COMPETENCE - REASONABLE RATES
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Education Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- All Labor Law Matters
- Collective Bargaining, Executive Compensation, Wage & Hour, Handbooks, Discipline & Discharge, Harassment
- New York
- Prior to founding his own practice, Mr. Gilbert was an attorney with law firms, government agencies, corporations, and unions.
- LAW OFFICES OF HOWARD E. GILBERT
- The diverse range of experience which Mr. Gilbert had prior to founding his own firm is unique. It has provided a singular perspective which has enabled Mr. Gilbert to engage in a broad-based, aggressive approach to disputes and problems facing clients. As such, the LAW OFFICES OF HOWARD E. GILBERT has been able to ensure the highest quality legal representation available.
- St. John's University School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Top 15% of class
- Activities: N/A
- Clark University
- B.A. (1975) | Liberal Arts: Double Major: English & Psychology
- Honors: Top 20%
- Activities: Reporter, The Scarlet; Stringer, New York Times; Editor-in-Chief, Magazine,Small Business Services Bureau; Counselor, At-risk Children; Published short stories and poetry in five Literary-Art Magazines
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Member, Labor & Employment Law Committee, Alternate Dispute Resolution Committee, Education Law Committee, Appellate Practice Committee, District Court Committee
- - Current
- New York State Bar  # 1709765
- Member, Labor & Employment Law Section, Alternate Dispute Resolution Section, Government Employees Section
- - Current
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Member, Labor & Employment Law Committee, Education Law Committee, Alternate Dispute Resolution Committee
- - Current
- Various Courses & Seminars