Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawgsearch
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Insurance Claims
- Legal Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Products Liability
Additional Practice Areas
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip, Trip and Fall
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken
- Farber Law Group
- Seattle University
- J.D | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. | Political Science & History
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
- Eagle Member
- - Current
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- - Current
- Washington State Bar # 7340
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
- Herbert G. Farber Esq.'s Website Profile
- The Farber Law Group Website
- Washington Injury Attorney Blog
- Oregon woman receives dog bite settlement of more than $100K
30 April 2015
- Blue Bell ice cream off the shelves after Listeria outbreak
21 April 2015
- Bonney Lake couple and baby killed when concrete from construction project falls on their truck
14 April 2015
- 2-year-old dies after falling into uncovered septic tank in Skagit County
8 April 2015
- Pedestrian killed in downtown Seattle crosswalk accident
28 March 2015
- Study shows — no surprise! — distraction a factor in 60% of teenage driving accidents
26 March 2015
- New technologies will curb distracted driving, save lives
19 March 2015
- 5 patients sickened, 3 die because of listerosis linked to tainted ice cream
14 March 2015
- My child was injured by a dog, should I hire a lawyer?
27 February 2015
- Seattle Car Accident Lawyer Blog
- Bicycle helmet testing: not all helmets pass muster
30 April 2015
- Following too closely, a common cause of Washington car accidents
27 April 2015
- Man loses legs in car accident after Deputy Sheriff runs stop sign
25 April 2015
- Distracted driving cited in car accident death
14 April 2015
- Car accidents leading cause of death for teens age 15-20
24 March 2015
- Have you suffered whiplash injury in a car accident?
22 March 2015
- Pedestrians and bicyclists alike complaining about Ballard bridge safety
28 February 2015
- Defensive driving: avoiding head-on collisions
23 February 2015
- Members of King’s High School boys basketball team injured in weekend bus accident
16 February 2015
14 Questions Answered
- Q. I am an uninsured driver who has been involved in an accident and want to know if a claims department from their company
- A: Unfortunately, your question is not complete so I will have to guess as to your question. In Washington State, the law says that if you drive a motor vehicle you must have auto insurance, self insurance, certificate of deposit or a liability bond. Operating a motor vehicle without the required insurance is a traffic infraction and you may be fined. If you are an uninsured motorist and you were in a car accident that was not your fault, you do have rights. You can make a claim against the other driver's insurance. If you believe the car accident was your fault or partially your fault, you need to contact an attorney so that your rights are protected. If you were injured and it was the other driver's fault, you may have a valid claim against the other driver's insurance.
- Q. What is the penalty for fleeing the scene of an accident with bodily harm
- A: The criminal penalties for a hit and run collision will vary from state to state and will depend on many factors including whether the responsible driver was under the influence of alcohol, had prior convictions, etc. Regardless of criminal charges, the injured party, or in the case of a child, the parents can file a lawsuit asking for monetary damages for injuries in civil court.
- Q. I was hit by a woman driving a car and I got my leg broken. Does she have to pay for my surgery?
- A: Since you were in a crosswalk and the driver who hit you had run a red light, you do have legal recourse. Because insurance companies have a profit-motive, they often will "low-ball" a claim. You do not have to accept an unreasonably low settlement offer. Be proactive in getting all of the medical treatment that you need for your injury and make sure your doctor records your complaints on your chart. hire an experienced personal injury law firm to work for you. When you do so, you level the playing field and your personal injury lawyer will determine whether the person who hit you was working in the scope of their employment, how they were cited in the collision and whether they have other assets. Your personal injury attorney will work to prosecute your claim so that you recover the monetary compensation for the injuries you suffered.
- Q. If a lawyer called a physcians mistake as a bad judgemnt call, why wouldn't that be negligence?
- A: A health care provider is negligent if he or she failed to exercise the degree of care, skill and learning expected by another professional having the same training and experience. Doctors and hospitals are not liable for every mistake. However, like medical advice, with legal advice you can always get a second opinion.
- Q. Do i need a lawyer to sue mcdonalds for my son falling inside there store..due to a wet floor sign NOT being put up
- A: It all depends on how serious your son's injuries are. If the slip and fall resulted in a serious injury leaving your son with paralysis, fractures or a traumatic brain injury, then we would definitely recommend that you engage a personal injury attorney who can work so your son is fairly compensated for his injuries, medical costs and for pain and suffering.
- Q. What is the legal fee in new jersey for wrongful death suit for an infant child
- A: Many personal injury attorneys will represent a family with a wrongful death claim on a contingency fee basis. We recommend you obtain a case consultation and discuss the merits of your case and fees at that time.
- Q. My 4 year old son got injured at an LA fitness kids club. Can I seek damages and personal anguish?
- A: You do not state whether your son was under the supervision of yourself or child care personnel when he got injured. If his injuries were serious, I would certainly contact a personal injury attorney who could evaluation your case.
- Q. Do I need lawyer if I was in car accident, foresee future damages, using my own insurance to handle costs, in pain, etc.
- A: You need to understand how insurance companies work. They are a for-profit entity and the insurance agent's job is to minimize costs for the company. Insurance claims adjusters are loyal to the insured party and not the victim. Sometimes refusing to provide you the information you need and giving you the run-around is part of their tactics. We recommend contact a personal injury attorney who can best represent your interests. Most personal injury attorneys will provide a free case consultation.
- Q. I have asked for damages as a result of injury sustained at a mall; the LLC is refusing. What are my options?
- A: We would recommend that you contact a personal injury attorney that handles slip, trip and fall cases. Most likely, the personal injury attorney will give you a free case evaluation and will let you know whether he/she feels your case should be pursued. Good luck.
Contact & Map