Heidi A. Nadel is a founder and principal of Cross Nadel LLC. With nearly two decades of sophisticated and diverse trial and appellate experience, Heidi concentrates her practice on civil litigation across a broad spectrum of areas, with a focus on complex commercial and other business disputes, closely-held business and governance litigation, probate, intellectual property, and civil rights litigation, and appeals in all areas of the law. She has represented individual and business clients in federal and state courts, before regulatory commissions and before state administrative tribunals, and in Tribal Court in a wide range of matters. Heidi has handled numerous appeals in state and federal courts. Heidi is often called upon to lead high stakes litigation and bet-the-company cases involving complex factual and legal issues, and clients rely on her to advise and represent them on highly sensitive and important personal matters. Heidi is known by her clients and colleagues as a passionate and creative advocate and a caring and thoughtful advisor. She collaborates directly with clients to understand their goals and all relevant facts, to explore all possible options and to develop the best strategy for each client to achieve the most favorable outcome.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Rights
- Native American Law
- Cross Nadel LLC
- Todd & Weld LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Boston University School of Law
- J.D. (1998) | Law
- Honors: Magna cum laude
- University of Massachusetts - Amherst
- B.A. (1993) | Journalism
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Massachusetts State Bar # 641617
- - Current
- Cross Nadel LLC
- Mass Appeals Blog
- Let's Play The In Pari Delicto Blame Game! Can an Auditor Use Fraud it Missed as a Shield from Liability for Missing the Fraud.
12 March 2018
- Just Add Water: Dissolving a Deadlocked Corporation in Massachusetts.
6 October 2017
- A SLAPP is a SLAPP unless it is not a SLAPP: The SJC Changes The Duracraft Two-Pronged Anti-SLAPP Analysis
23 May 2017
- "Trust, But Verify": The SJC addresses shareholder inspection rights.
5 April 2017
- Yes, Virginia, Petitioning Activity Can Be Frivolous
7 March 2017
- Anti-SLAPP Alert: A blog post is petitioning activity. Another case of bad facts make bad law?
15 February 2017
- 2016 Anti-SLAPP Roundup:
An Epic Mish Mash in State and Federal Court*
5 January 2017
- Do Over: SJC Announces No Decision, Re-Argument in LaSalette Shrine Case
3 November 2016
- Opening Week at the SJC
15 September 2016