Free Consultation: (863) 825-5309Tap to Call This Lawyer
Heather  Bryan

Heather Bryan

Heather Bryan Law, P.A.
  • Criminal Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Heather Bryan is an experienced trial attorney. Heather began her legal career at the Public Defender's Office for the Tenth Judicial Circuit, where she worked on misdemeanors, felonies, and appeals. Heather then did plaintiff's personal injury work in private practice. Heather's passion for the courtroom was fueled by defending those whose rights had been compromised. She understands the importance of protecting all peoples' fundamental, Constitutional rights. Heather firmly believes in the tenet that every person deserves zealous representation, and if the case requires it, Heather is dedicated to giving every client his or her day in court. Heather used her experience and passion to open her law firm and now practices in the areas criminal defense and family law. Prior to becoming a criminal defense and family law attorney, Heather served her community by teaching World History both in Georgia and in Florida. Helping others has always been a priority to Heather.

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    DUI & DWI
    Family Law
    Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Juvenile Law
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Car Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
  • Free Consultation
    Family cases require a $100.00 consultation fee. If retained within 30 days of the consultation, the $100.00 will be applied towards your account.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingency Fees for Personal Injury cases only.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Heather Bryan Law
Howell & Thornhill
Assistant Public Defender
10th Judicial Circuit Office of the Public Defender
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
J.D. (2013) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Activities: Trial Team; Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law Logo
University of Connecticut
M.A. (2005) | Educational Psychology
University of Connecticut Logo
University System of Georgia - Columbus State University
B.S. (1998) | History & Secondary Education
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
Outstanding Service to the Cause of Indigent Defense
10th Judicial Circuit Office of the Public Defender
Professional Associations
Polk County Trial Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Polk Association for Women Lawyers
Placeholder image for professional associations.
The Florida Bar  # 0109261
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Lakeland Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Willson American Inn of Court
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered
Q. Does a 14 year old has the right to say where and who she wants to live with even if the person is a cousin
A: No, a 14 year old does not have the right to choose where he or she wants to live. If there are this many issues at home, I suggest filing a report with DCF and and trying to get guardianship.
Q. My husband sexually assault me, what should I do? Please help!
A: Just because you are married does not mean that you cannot be sexually assaulted. This sounds like something that should be reported to the police immediately.
Q. I'm wanting to relocate, but wanting to know if I would be able to since i am divorced with a child.
A: Per Florida statute you can move within 50 miles of the principal place of residence att he time of the last order establishing or modifying time-sharing, without permission of the court. You would still need to get the child to his or her school, per the parenting plan. If you wish to move outside of this 50 miles, then you would need to petition the court for relocation, unless you and your ex can agree to the relocation. An agreement to relocate must be written, define an access or time-sharing schedule for the non-relocating parent , and describe transportation arrangements. Hope this helps.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Heather Bryan Law, P.A.
811 S. Missouri Ave.
Lakeland, FL 33815
Telephone: (863) 825-5309
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 2 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: We are closed on all U.S. holidays.