Free Consultation: (800) 974-4487Tap to Call This Lawyer
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.

Ranked one of the Top Ten Criminal Lawyers by NACDA & Top 100 by the Nationa
  • Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, DUI & DWI...
  • Nevada, New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Attorney Aalsberg has received National Recognition for his Excellence by 5 Top National Legal Organizations including both the National Trial Lawyers and The National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys. With over 25 years of experience Attorney H. Scott Aalsberg is the Criminal - DWI- and Traffic Ticket Lawyer you need when only Winning Counts. Attorney Aalsberg is endorsed by over 200 Attorneys Nationwide and has been interviewed by numerous news organizations from ABC, CBS and even the NJ Star Ledger. Attorney Aalsberg's ratings across numerous legal organizations speaks for itself. For industry awards Attorney Aalsberg is ranked nationally as one of the Top Ten Criminal Lawyers by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, and has been selected for the past 5 years as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers. He is ranked in the Top 1% of Attorneys by both the National Association of Distinguished Counsel and the Distinguished Justice Advocates. He holds a perfect 10.0 rating from AVVO and Justia and is rated one of the Ten Best Lawyers for client satisfaction from the National Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys and 10 Best Criminal Lawyers by the American Jurist Institute. Attorney H. Scott Aalsberg is the Attorney you need if getting the best result for your charge is your Top Priority. Please note that No Aspect of this Advertisement or the Awards/Accolades mentioned herein has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. To find the selection method for each award please go to each named awards website.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • DUI & DWI
  • Communications & Internet Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Debit Cards
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
H. Scott Aalsberg, Esq., P.C. Attorneys at Law
University of South Dakota School of Law
J.D. (1991)
Best 10 Lawyers
National Institute of Criminal Lawyers
Selected One of The Top Ten Criminal Lawyers
National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
Best 10 DWI/DUI Lawyers
American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
National Trial Lawyers
Best 10 Lawyers
National Institute of Criminal Lawyers
Top Criminal Lawyer
Top DWI Lawyer
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
National Trial Lawyers
Selected as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers for 2014
Professional Associations
American Criminal Law Institute
- Current
National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Current
Activities: Ranked Top 10 Criminal Lawyer
National Trial Lawyers
- Current
Nevada State Bar # 6200
- Current
Articles & Publications
New Jersey Criminal, DWI and Traffic Offense Law
123 CLE
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
1486 Questions Answered

Q. Does 39:5-51 and being a victim in a motor vehicle accident give grounds for pursuing legal action?
A: If you're looking to press charges for example in municipal Court you do not get money. If you're looking to get money and wages back you need to file a civil lawsuit in civil court. I suggest hiring a good lawyer if you're looking to do this, most of us offer a free in office consultation.
Q. My neighbors put a camera in their car pointed directly at my front lawn where my two year old plays. Is it illegal
A: It's generally not considered illegal to have a camera recording in public unless for example it was used to look inside a private area in your house via the window etc.
Q. Under Criminal Code 2C:28-3(B)1, is this act considered a Disorderly Persons Charge or a Felony Level Crime?
A: It can be either based on what was said and done. Thus a person commits a crime of the fourth degree if he makes a written false statement which he does not believe to be true, on or pursuant to a form bearing notice, authorized by law, to the effect that false statements made therein are punishable. And in general A person commits a disorderly persons offense if, with purpose to mislead a public servant in performing his function etc, etc. Either way get yourself a good lawyer these are serious charges which lead to up to 18 months or 180 days in jail either of which is generally not a good thing to have. Most of us criminal lawyers offer a free in office consultation, I suggest that you set one up asap as the more time a lawyer has to work on the case the more that lawyer can do to help minimize the penalties you may receive.
Q. Car registration question in New Jersey
A: If you purchase a car and you're going to use it here in New Jersey you need to have New Jersey registration before you can drive it in New Jersey.
Q. My ex GF gave her middle name instead of her first name in a police report. Is that a crime?
A: Yes it is a crime to give a police officer any law enforcement officer your incorrect name she should have given her first middle and last name not just her middle and last to make it like she is a different person. that being said if you were charged with a crime her being charged with one also will make no difference to your case except to her credibility if she testify s against you.
Q. In New Jersey criminal law code 2c:21-2.1c it's a 3rd degree felony can this be downgraded during the proceedings ?
A: Maybe it would depend on the facts of your case to he defenses you have, the quality of attorney you chose and lastly the prosecutor and judge that are appointed to your case. The only factor you can change if charged is to hire the best lawyer you can find to try to make it happen. That being said The more time you give an attorney to work on the case the more that attorney can do to help you, so don't delay and get yourself a good criminal lawyer now.
Q. What's the minimum and maximum penalty for New Jersey criminal code 2c:21-2.1c? Thank you in advance
A: In general you looking it up to five years in jail $15,000 in fines up to 2 years lost driver's license, probation and other penalties as determined by the court. This is a serious offense so if you're charged with it immediately hire a good criminal lawyer. Most of us criminal lawyers offer a free in office consultation I suggest that you set one up as soon as possible.
Q. Off duty and out of jurisdiction officer see's someone speeding and he's in his personal vehicle can he give ticket?
A: The NJ cop doesn't need to be on duty or in his jurisdiction to issue a ticket as long as he is in the state of New Jersey. The only difference that it makes is that the ticket must come from the town where the violation occurred. ii your friend can't afford to get the tickets then he needs to hire a good lawyer to try to avoid them. Most of us traffic ticket lawyers offer a free in office consultation I suggest he sets one up as soon as he gets the tickets, assuming he gets them.
Q. 39:3-54.7 & .10 & .11 After stopping me for supposed tinted windows (MANUFACTURED TINTED NOT FILM) saw in sunvisor no
A: Attorneys are not supposed to quote prices on this website. That being said I suggest that you set up one of the free in office consultations that most of us traffic ticket lawyers offer.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Main Office East Brunswick NJ
39 Milltown Road, 2nd Floor
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Toll-Free: (800) 974-4487
Telephone: (732) 257-5040
Fax: (732) 257-1700
Wayne NJ Office
1028 Route #23 North
Wayne, NJ 07470
Telephone: (732) 257-5040
Fax: (732) 257-1700