Free Consultation - Senior Attorney - experienced in all areas of divorce and family law.
2004 Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D.
1997 Western Illinois University, B.A.
2008 Police Sergeant Retired
1990 U.S. Army Honorable Discharge
As a police officer Gonzalo was exposed to family law issues such as domestic violence, child abuse, crisis intervention, drug and alcohol abuse, etc.
Gonzalo saw how these people needed his help and he was drawn to the practice of family law.
As a lawyer Gonzalo has dedicated himself to helping clients with divorce and family law problems ever since. These cases include litigation over custody, visitation and parenting issues, complex financial issues, DCFS cases, appeals, hearings, trials and more.
Gonzalo has a bilingual (English-Spanish) education, is fluent in Spanish (written and spoken) and has many Spanish speaking client
- Family Law
- Parenting Time (formerly known as Visitation) - best interests of the child
- Residence and Decision Making (f/k/a as Custody) - best interests of the child
- Guardianship - applicable when parents or children need help
- Child Support - calculated by comparing gross incomes, per statute
- Additional Support for a Child - day care, medical, extra-curricular, college
- Maintenance - Alimony - calculated by comparing of net incomes per statute
- Property Division - we handle it all: Cars, 401(k), Homes, K-1's , etc.
- Settlement - most cases settle once the lawyers discover the facts
- Trials & Hearings - necessary if disputes over facts or law
- Grandparents Rights
- We handle all other areas of Divorce and Family Law as well - Call Today.
Most mornings I am in Court. Feel free to call me in the afternoon. 708.848.3159 or 815.727.6144
Credit Cards Accepted
Wakenight & Associates, P.C. accepts credit cards.
Call for Free Consultation with Mark Wakenight 708.848.3159
- Cook, Will, Kankakee, Grundy, Kendall, DuPage, Kane, McHenry and Lake Counties
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
- J.D. (2003) | Juris Doctor
- Western Illinois University
- B.A. (1997) | Bachelor of Arts
- Elite Lawyer Award - Divorce & Family Law
- Elite Lawyer
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)  # 6281808
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois (HLAI)
- - Current
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA)
- - Current