Gary M. Mars joined the firm in 1991, developing a specialty in community association representation. Since then, his practice has evolved into full-service community association representation, including transactional work, covenant enforcement, drafting of opinion letters regarding the management and operation of the association, drafting amendments to governing documents, performing contract review and preparing meeting packages for board meetings and annual meetings. His representation also includes assisting clients with matters pertaining to construction defect negotiations and litigation, and turnover issues Mr. Mars has over 25 years of experience in assisting community associations in the pursuit of Chapter 558 claims and has fearlessly defended his clients in legal matters pertaining to construction projects such as breaches of contract, construction defects and delays, construction liens, bond claims and other contract disputes.
Mr. Mars represents community associations of all sizes, ranging from small to complex mixed-use associations. He is skilled at navigating clients through the complexities of running a community association and relentlessly advocates to protect his clients’ interests. He has also expanded his practice to include representation of a select group of developers. This representation includes assisting developers in the drafting and filing of all documents related to the creation of community association.
The Florida Bar has designated Mr. Mars as a Board Certified Specialist in Condominium and Planned Development Law in the state of Florida.
- Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Siegfried Rivera
- Emory University
- B.S. | Political Science and History
- University of Miami School of Law
- J.D. (1991)
- Community Association Institute
- The Florida Bar
- Community Associations Should Make Effective Use of Social Media
- Airbnb Gone Wild? Decision Clarifies Rules on Short-Term Condo Rentals”
- Condo Fraud Legislation Adds Teeth to Florida’s Laws
- Ruling Reminds New Associations to Watch for Developers Waiving Reserves
- HOAs, Condo Associations Must Implement Safeguards to Prevent Election Fraud"
- Board Certified Specialist in Condominium and Planned Development Law
- The Florida Bar
- Gary M. Mars' Website Profile
- Siegfried Rivera Website
- Florida Real Estate Lawyer Blog
- Susan Odess Authors Article in Today’s Daily Business Review: “Court Opens Citizens Property Insurance to Claims for Consequential Damages”
29 August 2019
- Article by John Catalano in Today’s Daily Business Review: “New Remote Online Notary Law Brings Notarization Process Into 21st Century in Florida”
23 August 2019
- Partner Elisabeth Kozlow Named Chair of Florida Bar Aviation Law Committee
20 May 2019
- Joseph Miles and Nicholas Siegfried Featured in Today’s Daily Business Review: “South Florida Lawyers Win $4.1M for Cable Company Fired Over Service Delays”
15 January 2019
- Popularity of Food Delivery Apps Prompt Need for Changes at Shopping Centers, Malls with Restaurant Tenants
11 December 2018
- Turmoil in Mattress Store Sector Leads to Important Considerations for Property Owners
26 November 2018
- Takeaways from My ICSC Workshop Presentation on Unconscious Bias
29 October 2018
- Good Guy Guaranty – What is It?
22 October 2018
- New Retail Trend: Coworking at the Mall
17 October 2018