Garrett W. Browne has been with Ed Fox & Associates, Ltd. since the firm's inception in 1999. While attending law school in New York City, Garrett concentrated his academic studies in labor and employment law while working as an intern for the U.S. Department of Labor, and law clerk for the Mayor's Office of Labor Relations for the City of New York. After graduating from law school, Garrett moved to Chicago to pursue his interest in litigating the claims of individuals who have had their dignity and basic rights violated by government, law enforcement, employers, and nursing homes.
While Garrett has a tremendous amount of trial experience in federal and state court, perhaps his biggest asset to his clients is the personal interest he takes in each of their cases. Garrett truly enjoys helping his clients and has achieved a number of outstanding results on their behalf. Among these results is a recent $950,000 settlement he helped obtain on behalf of the family of a 100-year-old woman who suffered multiple amputations as a result of infected pressure sores that developed while under the care of a nursing home that neglected her.
Garrett has represented hundreds of clients who have had their civil rights violated by federal, state, county, and local law enforcement. He has vigorously pursued a large variety of police misconduct claims that include wrongful detention, warrantless searches, false arrest, excessive force, malicious prosecution, and wrongful death. Garrett was trial counsel for a 10-year-old boy who suffered multiple fractures as a result of misconduct by a police officer, and obtained a jury verdict of $600,000. Additionally, Garrett recently helped obtain a settlement of $370,000 on behalf of a young man that was coerced to confess to a murder he did not commit.
Garrett understands it is important to the client not only to achieve a favorable outcome, but to be accessible and keep them informed.
- Civil Rights
- Employment Law
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Nursing Home Injuries
- Police Misconduct
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Ed Fox & Associates, Ltd.
- - Current
- University of Rochester
- B.A. | Political Science, History
- Honors: Dean's List
- St. John's University School of Law
- J.D. | Major: Political Science Major: History
- Honors: Dean's List
- Activities: New York International Law Review, Articles Editor
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Garrett Browne's Website Profile
- Ed Fox & Associates' Website
- Ed Fox & Associates, LTD Blog
- Chicago’s Misplaced Priorities
28 June 2018
- With its Epic Systems Decision, the Supreme Court Dealt a Blow to Worker’s Rights
5 June 2018
- Sinclair Broadcast Group Bullies its Local Anchors with Harsh Terms in its Employment Contracts
4 April 2018
- Rauner’s Dream of Busting Public Sector Unions may soon become a Reality
5 March 2018
- Does Patronage Hiring Perpetuate Sexual Harassment in Illinois Government?
29 January 2018
- Chicago Workers are Still Earning Less than the City’s Minimum Wage in 2018
4 January 2018
- The FOP’s Misguided Approach to Wrongful Convictions Shows the Need for New Leadership
14 December 2017
- FEDERAL JUDGESHIPS HAVE BECOME POLLUTED IN THE SWAMP
14 November 2017
- Protections are Needed to Enable Low-Wage Workers to Combat Sexual Harassment
6 November 2017