Fred began protecting the rights of Idaho working people in 1988. Indeed, he helped shape Idaho law through briefs and argument which extended the statute of limitations for injured workers in Idaho. (Ryen v. City of Coeur d’Alene, 115 Idaho 791, 770 P.2d 800 (1989).) Fred has continued the fight to make sure working people in Idaho are paid all their benefits. (Corgatelli v. Steel West Inc., 157 Idaho 287, 335 P.3d 1150 (2014).) Fred’s recently victory before Idaho Supreme Court established a rock solid ruling that gives injured Idaho workers the ability to defeat claims made by Idaho worker’s compensation insurance companies requiring the injured worker to pay back worker’s compensation benefits if they obtain a recovery from a third party. (Maravilla v. Simplot, __ Idaho __, 387 P.3d 123 (2016).) These three cases have and will continue to result in the payment of millions of dollars in additional benefits to injured Idaho workers.
Fred comes from blue collar roots. His father, Max, was a committed lifetime member of the Teamsters Union. Growing up in a blue-collar working class neighborhood of honest hard working people instilled a passion in Fred to fight for those injured in the workplace. He and his wife lovely wife Ann have three children and six grandchildren. Fred is a lifelong fly fisherman, big game hunter and fan of the Boston Red Sox.
Fred practices law so he can help working people obtain the money and benefits they are legally owed when they are injured and need it the most.
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- Racine Olson
- University of Idaho
- University of Utah
- Fred J. Lewis' Website Profile
- Racine Olson Website
- Idaho Law Blog
- WHY YOU MIGHT WRITE SOMEONE OUT OF YOUR WILL
15 May 2019
- WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM THE RAPPER NIPSEY HUSSLE
10 May 2019
- WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A WILL IS CONTESTED?
5 May 2019
- THE THREE PURPOSES OF IDAHO PROBATE
30 April 2019
- AMAZING ESTATE PLANNING MISTAKES BY CELEBRITIES
23 April 2019
- IDAHO ESTATE PLANNING – WHY YOU NEED A DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY
11 April 2019
- IDAHO ESTATE PLANNING – THINKING ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN
26 March 2019
- IDAHO ESTATE PLANNING – HOW USING AN ATTORNEY CAN SAVE YOU MONEY
21 March 2019
- IDAHO ESTATE PLANNING – THE EASY WAY TO GET STARTED – ESTATE PLANNING QUESTIONNAIRE
16 March 2019