Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
I offer at least one hour of free consultation for Bankruptcy and Estate Planning. Sometimes meetings will take longer, and I rarely charge unless we discover that Bankruptcy is not the right way to go and that there is a better way to take care of matters. I often offer free letters for people who do not need to file Bankruptcy. These letters force creditors to stop calling or writing you. In that case, I do not charge for extra time.
I can only accept contingent fees for Consumer Law. In Chapter 7, once I have been hired, it is necessary for all anticipated fees to be paid before we file your case. That is because you are discharging all your debt incurred before you file, including anything owed to me! I am not allowed to collect after the Bankruptcy has been filed, except in rare circumstances. Chapter 13 is different. I usually ask for 1/2 my fee before we file, plus the filing fee, and then I will be paid the other 1/2 from the money that my client pays to the Chapter 13 Trustee. This makes it a little easier for the client to get their Chapter 13 started.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I pay for my clients' Credit Reports. Since I want to be sure they get the best credit reports possible, I pay $38 per person for a Three-Agency report. Nearly every Bankruptcy filer has to take a special credit counseling course approved by the government before they can file Bankruptcy. Then they also have to take a Debtor Education course after the case is filed. I highly recommend taking Dave Ramsey's course. My clients pay for their own credit counseling and Debtor Education certificates. They each cost approximately $25 for a single person and $5 more for a married couple. I recommend courses that I have actually taken with clients, so I know they are very good and interesting!
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 9th Circuit
- Adjunct Professor of Paralegalism
- Fresno City College
- I teach principles of Bankruptcy law in one class and Principles of Collection Law in another class at this Community College.
- California St Univ Long Beach
- Undergraduate Degree
- San Joaquin COL
- Law Degree
- California State University - Dominguez Hills
- Three Teaching Credentials | Physical and Life Sciences and History
- I taught school in South-Central Los Angeles full-time while I attended Education courses full-time. I finished in two semesters.
- Central California Bankruptcy Association
- Member, former officer.
- - Current
- Activities: The association is the largest in the Central Valley that focuses exclusively on Bankruptcy. It consists of many professionals, including Debtor Bankruptcy attorneys like me, Creditor attorneys, bankers, Receivers and Certified Public Accountants.
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- - Current
- Activities: This is the largest national organization of lawyers who are strictly consumer attorneys who practice Bankruptcy Law. It is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and offers outstanding continuing education opportunities for those who are dedicated to becoming better consumer Bankruptcy attorneys. This organization, with over 3,700 members, is the most important voice for people who need Bankruptcy protection, and without this organization, there would be worse Bankruptcy laws. AS an organization, we fight together to create better interpretations of the law. Many of us contribute to a fund that enables the organization help solo attorneys who are facing giant banks on matters of importance to many people. An attorney who is serious about filing Bankruptcy for people ought to belong to this organization!
- California State Bar  # 171824
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
- Office Website
Contact & Map