Flavio Van Boekel

Flavio Van Boekel

Van Boekel Law Firm, LLC
  • Family Law, Immigration Law
  • New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Flavio Van Boekel obtained his J.D. (Juris Doctor degree) from Michigan State College of Law, graduating Cum Laude (with Honors.) Previously, Mr. Van Boekel obtained a B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) and majored in Cultural Studies from State University of New York (SUNY) Empire State College.

While still in Law School, Mr. Van Boekel clerked for the Honorable Jennifer Granholm in the gubernatorial office. Additionally, Mr. Van Boekel was an extern at the Michigan AGC (Attorney Grievance Commission) the regulatory arm of Attorneys and assisted the prosecution of several cases against unethical lawyers.

Mr. Van Boekel focuses on Immigration and Matrimonial Law and has received awards as a trial lawyer and many other well-known accolades such as being ranked as a Rising Stars by Super Lawyers for the years of 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Mr. Van Boekel is highly esteemed by his peers, colleagues, judges, and clients and he is devoted to his craft with the highest standards of practice, professionalism, and ethics. He is known to be straightforward and objective and against non-sense, guesses, or speculations. His empirical approach has helped many clients since his firm was established in 2012.

Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Immigration Law
Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Master Card & Discover, Credit or Debit. Consultation is $180 USD.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fee available and payment plans for those who qualify.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Portuguese: Spoken, Written
  • Russian: Spoken
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Associate Attorney
Gill & Chamas, LLC
Workers Compensation 100% Litigation
Michigan State University
J.D. (2009) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Michigan State University Logo
State University of New York - Empire State College
B.A. (2004) | Cultural Studies
3.8 GPA
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Third Year Consecutive
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Second Year Consecutive
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Family Law Excellence in Practice
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. I voluntarily agreed to pay my ex wife alimony. I’ve been paying her for 10 years now and she remarried. Can I revoke it
A: If your agreement is silent as when Alimony should end and your ex-wife has remarried, you should retain an experienced attorney to file a notice of Motion to terminate alimony. Remarriage is one of the legal grounds for termination of alimony unless an agreement or order states otherwise. In your case, it seems that all you need to prove is that your ex has remarried. Please contact a matrimonial lawyer.
Q. My husband divorced me 14 years ago. I am still living with him because he never paid me my settlement. Can you help me
A: You should have filed a motion to enforce your settlement 14 years ago. You never enforced it till now. Many changes have occurred between your divorce and your cohabitation. I think you really should retain a lawyer who focuses on matrimonial law and post-judgment divorce actions.
Q. If you have 35 days to file a written answer or motion, is it 35 calendar days or 35 business days?
A: The 35 day period references calendar days. If the end of the calendar period of 35 days ends on a weekend or a holiday you can file on the next business day. Under the rules, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays are excluded.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
100 Eagle Rock Avenue
Suite 306
East Hanover , NJ 07936
Telephone: (973) 732-7300
Cell: (610) 766-1558
Fax: (973) 732-7301