Faisal MoghulFox and Moghul
- Business Law, Construction Law, Landlord Tenant ...
- District of Columbia, New York, Virginia
Faisal Moghul is a litigation partner at Fox and Moghul whose practice is devoted to complex and high-stakes real estate and commercial litigation. He has been selected to the prestigious Super Lawyers Rising Stars shortlist for five (5) years in a row (2016-2020), and his prior successes have been profiled in the Virginia Lawyers Weekly.
Mr. Moghul represents corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, real estate investment entities, title companies, and emerging and startup businesses in a variety of real estate and commercial disputes, including NVAR purchase and sale contract disputes, construction disputes (General Contractor (Classes A, B and C) vs homeowner disputes), toxic mold defense, easement, boundary line and title disputes, HOA litigation, and partition/allotment actions.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
+ Real Estate Litigation: NVAR purchase and sale contract disputes, Va Code § 54.1-2142.1 (broker-shield statute) defenses, Virginia Residential Property Disclosure Act (caveat emptor vs seller disclosure issues), broker commissions, and regulatory compliance disputes etc., DPOR and RESA investigations.
+ Construction Litigation: General/subcontractor, Contractor (Classes A, B and C)/ homeowner disputes, change orders, extra work, delay, interference, defects, mechanics liens enforcement/invalidation, and other construction related disputes.
+ Toxic Mold Defense and Landlord Tenant Disputes: representing parties in claims related to toxic mold poisoning, and all other leasing disputes including evictions.
+ Easements, boundary line and title disputes: easements, property encroachment, trespass, nuisance, adverse possession and title disputes, design covenant violations, injunctions and specific performance
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Toxic Mold Defense
- Community Association Law (HOA/Condo Associations)
- Real Estate Title Litigation (RESPA/TILA)
- NVAR Residential Purchase and Sale Contracts Litigation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- Virginia State Bar
- English: Spoken, Written
- Fox and Moghul
- Franklin & Marshall College
- Honors: magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society
- Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Rising Star
- 2016 to 2020
- American Bar Association
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Business Entity Structuring for Real Estate Investors
- Premier Realty & Title One Escrow LLC
- Of Creditors, Guarantors, and Sureties: Whose Debt Is It Anyway?
- American Law Institute, The Practical Lawyer
- The Death of Privacy
- Foundation for Economic Education
- The Long Road to Yes: Problems with the Permitting Process and the Need for Specific Plans in Pennsylvania
- Introduction to Asset Protection, Premier Realty Lecture Series
- Use of LLCs in Real Estate Transactions, Premier Realty Lecture Series