Free Consultation: (717) 234-4121Tap to Call This Lawyer
Evan Charles Pappas

Evan Charles Pappas

Tucker Arensberg, P.C.
  • Appeals & Appellate, Business Law, Collections...
  • New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Mr. Pappas handles many areas of civil litigation, business law and IP, primarily representing commercial and business clients. He represents corporations, limited liability companies, mortgage companies, financial institutions, title companies, real estate developers, manufacturing companies, restaurants, liquor licensees and individuals with a wide variety of commercial disputes including contract, real estate and shareholder disputes. Mr. Pappas handles matters at various stages of litigation, including pretrial and discovery proceedings, trials, mediation and arbitration, bankruptcy court, appeals and enforcement of judgments. His practice also includes representation of liquor licensees with regard to liquor license citations as well as transfer and renewal hearings before the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board. Mr. Pappas also regularly advises clients on intellectual property matters including trademarks, service marks, copyrights, licensing and infringement. In this capacity, he represents businesses and individuals in all facets of trademark application matters including evaluation of potential trademarks, drafting and filing of trademark applications, responses to USPTO office actions and objections by third parties. He also advises clients regarding the scope of protection granted by copyrights and trademarks and on the prevention and enforcement of third-party infringement. Mr. Pappas received a Bachelor of Arts from Lehigh University and a Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Widener University School of Law, where he was a national competitor on the Moot Court Honor Society, member of the Trial Advocacy Honor Society and served on the Executive Board of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Society. While in law school, Mr. Pappas served as a law clerk to the Honorable Timothy J. Savage of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Mr. Pappas is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

Practice Areas
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Business Law
  • Collections
  • Construction Law
  • Intellectual Property
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
    Depending on the nature of the consultation, free consultations may be available.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Depending on the nature of the particular representation, contingent fee arrangements may be acceptable.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Judicial Intern for the Honorable Timothy J. Savage
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Conducted legal research for current pending cases before the Judge.
Widener University Delaware School of Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Lehigh University
B.A. | Environmental Science
Power Players Awards, Industry Practice Group Award
SmartCEO Magazine
Select Lawyers
Award Recipient
Forty Under 40 Award
Professional Associations
Pennsylvania State Bar
New Jersey State Bar
Cumberland County Bar Association
Dauphin County Bar Association
Crime Stoppers of Central Pennsylvania
Board of Directors
- Current
Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Current
Clean Air Council
Board of Directors
- Current
Boys and Girls Club of Harrisburg
Board of Directors
Articles & Publications
Piercing the Corporate Veil
Builders and Associates Magazine
Speaking Engagements
Question and Answer, Philadelphia
Philly Beer Week
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. How can a nonprofit file litigation for the improper involvement of a political official interfering with real estate?
A: You should seriously consider speaking with a real estate attorney in the area where the real estate is located. There are many claims that relate to real estate and "interference" that should be considered based on the facts. Once the claims are determined, a Complaint would need to be filed in court to raise those claims. Your attorney can also help to guide the organization through that process.
Q. Can anyone help me purchase property ahead of Sherriff Sales?
A: Our firm could assist with this work provided that we do not have any conflicts with the foreclosing bank/lender and would charge for this work on an hourly basis. Feel free to schedule a confidential phone or in-person consultation for more information.
Q. I am looking for an attorney to check an owner financing document for a property I am selling in McKees Rocks, PA
A: Our firm could help. Feel free to contact me to discuss.
Q. Board members of a company are banning another board member(equal owner) from company meetings and votes.
A: I agree with Carrie A. Ward that the company governing documents will need to be reviewed to determine if they address the situation. Whether or not the documents address this situation, there are also remedies in Pennsylvania for owners of a company that are being actively shut out of its activities. After discussing your options with counsel, litigation may be one option to consider.
Q. Hello, looking to hire a lawyer concerning unique property issue. No easement, but township paved a road through lawn.
A: Depending on the location of the property, our firm might also be able to assist you.
Q. I want to buy my mothers house. Do I need a lawyer or can I just go get a mortgage?
A: You do not need a lawyer. A lawyer could be helpful if you wanted to negotiate special terms into an Agreement of Sale, but such is not always necessary. A written Agreement will likely be necessary to highlight the basic terms, but again, does not have to be written by a lawyer. If you are taking out a loan to purchase the property, it is likely that you will need to purchase title insurance as part of the transaction. Some law firms have a real estate settlement company that can offer you the title insurance and also administer the closing process for the purchase. Your lender will pick a settlement company for you unless you are already working with one. However, if you select the settlement company before you contact a lender, the settlement company may be able to offer you a simple Agreement for no additional charge (above the cost of the title insurance you will have to purchase anyway).
Q. What steps do I need to take to get a false mechanics lien removed?
A: You may need to initiate a court proceeding to have the court determine that the lien was not justified. This case could also include claims related to the defective quality or workmanship and seek damages for this as well. In addition to the obvious concerns you mentioned, there are strict notice and procedural requirements that apply to lien filings that may not have been satisfied. This could provide additional basis to remove the lien. In order to accomplish this process, you may need to hire an attorney well versed in construction/real estate law and, at the time of filing (or shortly thereafter) may need to post a bond in the amount (or double of the amount) of the lien. Depending on the facts, and only in extremely egregious circumstances, it might be a slander on title, which could provide you with additional damages. As with every legal problem, the specific facts surrounding the issue bear heavily on how it will be determined. This response is intended for informational purposes only, is not to be considered legal advice and does not create an attorney client relationship.
Q. Commercial tenant breach of lease-
A: Unless the lease indicates that the landlord's application to change the use of the premises causes a default or termination of the lease (which is unlikely), it is doubtful that a court would hold that the tenant is not responsible for the remainder of the lease merely because of the landlord's application to the Township for a different use of the property. Landlord could have been looking at its options several months before the end of the lease with the tenant. As with every legal problem, the specific facts surrounding the issue bear heavily on how it will be determined. This response is intended for informational purposes only, is not to be considered legal advice and does not create an attorney client relationship.
Q. The deed on my parents' house reads "John Doe and Jane Doe, Husband & Wife." How to get new deed after death of one?
A: This could be handled by recording a new deed in the name of Mom only. In the deed we would explain why the deed is being re-recorded. This would be an inexpensive project.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Tucker Arensberg, P.C.
2 Lemoyne Drive
Suite 200
Lemoyne, PA 17043
Telephone: (717) 234-4121