Erin focuses her practice on banking, finance and commercial litigation. She has 9 years of experience representing creditors and financial institutions including national financial institutions and community banks. She is experienced in all areas of real estate litigation with a focus on residential and commercial mortgage lending litigation and counseling lenders in the best secured lending practices and collection strategies. Erin also represents banks and individuals in commercial litigation involving breaches of contract and fiduciary duties, fraud, statutory violations, consumer claims and corporate and partnership disputes, priority disputes, title claims and equitable subrogation. Additionally, she represents court appointed receivers in mortgage foreclosure. Erin has tried multiple cases to jury verdict.
Erin received her Juris Doctor from The John Marshall Law School. While in law school she interned with The Chicago Bar Association and clerked for a small general practice firm, concentrating in commercial litigation. Prior to joining The Collins Law Firm, she worked for a boutique real estate litigation firm in Chicago, Illinois concentrating in creditor’s rights litigation.
Prior to law school, Erin received her Bachelor of Arts from The University of Michigan with a major in History and a minor in Italian language.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Free Consultation
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Senior Associate
- The Collins Law Firm, P.C.
- - Current
- Gomberg Sharfman PC
- Matek and Mazar LLC
- The John Marshall Law School
- Honors: Dean’s List: Fall 2008; CALI Award Estates and Trusts
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- B.A. (2006) | History
- Activities: Minor in Italian Language
- State Bar of Illinois
- Erin E. Showerman's Website Profile
- The Collins Law Firm, P.C. Website
- Illinois Personal Injury Lawyer Blog
- Know Your Hospital’s Safety Grade Before Your Stay
16 January 2020
- Injured in a Winter Sports Accident? Determine Who is at Fault
14 January 2020
- Winter Roads Can Be a Slippery Slope: Read these Tips to Avoid a Winter Car Accident
10 January 2020
- Collins Law Representing Six Former Hinsdale South High School Teachers with Cancer in Lawsuit Against Sterigenics
27 December 2019
- Common Causes of Truck Accidents
5 December 2019
- Smog Pollution Linked to Tens of Thousands of Premature Deaths Each Year
8 November 2019
- Naperville / Lisle Child Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
3 November 2019
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Know the Risk Factors and Take Action
29 October 2019
- What Insurance Covers Pedestrians Hit by a Car?
3 October 2019