Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGold
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- Free Consultation
Credit Cards Accepted
PayPal, Visa, Apple Pay, MasterCard
Contingency fees applicable. Contact us for a consultation regarding your case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Emre Polat Employment Attorneys
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
- Seton Hall University
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Employment Law Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Websites & Blogs
- Emre Polat's Website Profile
- Emre Polat Employment Attorneys Website
60 Questions Answered
- Q. In NY state, can my employer make me be on call for up to 9 hours every day without any kind of compensation?
- A: Do you receive a w2 or a 1099 at the end of the year? In other words, are you working for the company or "working for yourself". Sounds like there may be misclassification if that is the case. It depends on the structure of the employment but is sounds like there may be violations as you should be paid by the hour (even when on call or driving between destinations of customers) if you are not an exempt employee or a proper independent contractor. Further information is required to properly make a determination. Consider a consultation for a case evaluation.
- Q. Can my job fire me for being pregnant with health issues?
- A: No they can't. You should notify HR. Consider a consultation for a case evaluation.
- Q. I have a non-compete signed stating I can't work for any entity or business that competes with the Business, what's that
- A: It depends of factors related to what type of business you are in and a review of the non-compete itself.
Contact & Map