Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Animal & Dog Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- Managing Partner
- Oppenheim Law
- Founded in 1989, Oppenheim Law is distinctively positioned as one of Florida’s leading boutique law firms in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida serving national, international, and local clients. Originally known as one of the premier real estate law firms as well as for developing successful strategies in defending thousands of foreclosures, the Firm has developed an impeccable reputation for untangling complex legal situations. Our practice areas include real estate, commercial litigation, corporate and business related matters, consumer rights, foreclosure, and employment law.
- Northwestern University School of Law
- J.D. (1986)
- Honors: Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business
- Top 10 Producer Outstanding Performance
- Fidelity National Title
- “Top 10 Producer Outstanding Performance” for the SE Florida Region
- Florida Bar
- - Current
- New York State Bar  # 2140317
- - Current
Articles & Publications
- How The Process Of Home Flipping Has Resurfaced
- Chamber of Commerce Event, West Broward
- Sunrise Chamber of Commerce-West Broward
- Goldman Sachs 10k PRogram, Miami
- Goldman Sachs 10k PRogram
- Goldman Sachs 10k Alumna
4 Questions Answered
- Q. Can the HOA in Florida landscape your (rented) lawn without your approval?
- A: One would need to review the HOA documents as well as your particular lease. Generally, issues such as landscaping and overall maintenance are included in the HOA docs as well as penalties should the HOA docs not be followed. Your lease may contain language regarding maintenance of the property, including the outside areas. Further, one would need to determine if you and the owner received proper notice of the violation.
- Q. Can a business put on the fine print of their contract that clients can never post negative reviews online?
- A: While a business may place its policy in fine print, the question is if that policy is enforceable. One must review the entire contract, and make sure that (s)he acknowledges and accepts its content. On a practical level, it would not make sense for a business to contemplate suing a client for a negative review--the reputational damage may far exceed the client's review.
- Q. Is the sublease contract still valid?
- A: A review of the underlying lease should provide the answer as to whether a sublease is allowable within the confines of your lease. If in fact there is a provision not allowing for a sublease, then your sublease agreement with the lessee is not valid.
Contact & Map