Profile Image Placeholder

Elfreda Dockery

Law Office of Elfreda Dockery
  • Criminal Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence ...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
Additional Practice Areas
  • Landlord/Tenant
  • Small Claims
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Law Office of Elfreda Dockery
- Current
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Black Women's Law Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered
Q. Do all parties listed on a summons need to be served in order for forcible entry and detainer?
A: judgments are only enforceable against defendants who have been served with the Summons and Complaint. if all parties are not served, then only those served can have an enforceable judgment entered against them.
Q. Can a landlord add additional terms/rules to a lease after it has been signed?
A: a signed contract, and that is what a lease is, is an agreement between two parties. if one party to the lease makes unilateral changes that have not been agreed by the other party, then those changes are not a part of the agreement the parties have. they other party's agreement is manifested by their signature to the new contract or initials to any written additions.
Q. A year ago I rented my house to family and it's just not working out. With no rental agreement how do I get them out?
A: if there is no written lease, then your tenant has a month to month tenancy. you can give them a 30 days notice. if they have not moved by the end of the 30 days, then you can file an eviction action.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
17070 South Park Avenue
Ste. K
South Holland, IL 60473
Telephone: (312) 372-5600