Free Consultation: (212) 859-5019Tap to Call This Lawyer
Edit Stelczner

Edit Stelczner

The Law Office of Edit Stelczner
  • Immigration Law, Business Law
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

We pride ourselves in being attentive, caring and successful in the fields of immigration and business formation.

Practice Areas
  • Immigration Law
  • Business Law
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
ID Number: 5341854
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Hungarian: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
The Law Office of Edit Stelczner
- Current
Attorney Practice Areas: Immigration and Business Formation
Cammisa Markel PLLC
Immigration Attorney- Of Counsel
Levitt & Needleman, P.C.
Immigration Attorney- Associate
Attorney- Volunteer
Permanent Mission of Hungary to the United Nations
Assisted in the 2015 Sustainable Development Agenda
Fordham University School of Law
LL.M. (2014) | International Business Law
Honors: LL.M. cum laude The Robert Schuman Prize Recipient
Activities: Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law
Fordham University School of Law Logo
Rising Star 2019
Super Lawyers
Professional Associations
AILA # 38974
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of New York # 5341854
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
The Association of the Bar of the City of New York # 1005776
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Been There, Done That: Foreign LL.M. Graduates in the U.S., Where They Work and How They Got There, 42 West 44th Street New York, NY 10036
Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Real Estate Broker
State of New York Department of State Division of Licensing Services
Legal Answers
48 Questions Answered

Q. Im looking to start a photography popup in nyc, do i need any permits?
A: If you are planning to actually film or take photographs then you should check out this site for information on when you need a permit- If - by referring to a popup- you are planning to start a retail business then you need to possibly form an entity first and accordingly you may need different permits. It is best to consult with an attorney so that you get through this process efficiently. Congrats on your new adventure!
Q. Hi, I am a U.S. citizen and just got married with a non U.S. citizen. I am now sponsoring him to get a GC.
A: It will take at least a year to get a green card nowadays- and about 4 months to get the work permit and travel document. Generally, he can travel once he has the travel document. I recommend to work with an immigration attorney so that you can get through this process without any delays. Congratulations!
Q. How can I get a friend here longer than the tourist visa? Possibly work here and eventually get citizenship.
A: She will need to consult with an immigration attorney and provide a lot more information to see if she qualifies for any specific visa.
Q. Can a lawyer help me get a copy of my father's US Citizenship papers so I can become a citizen through him?
A: You should speak with an attorney in private and provide all details of your case so that you can get an accurate answer. It is certainly feasible to get citizenship eventually based on having a US citizen parent.
Q. If i marry my fiance even though he is illegal after that can he file for papers to become an American citizen
A: Assuming you are a US citizen and he meets all requirements yes you can sponsor him for immigrant visa. It is best to consult an attorney so you get through this process without any mistakes or delays. Congrats on your engagement!
Q. We living in Abu Dhabi UAE and we have kids we need to move to US can I apply and travel together I can’t leave here
A: I recommend you working with an attorney at this point given the denials. You will need to start by filing Form I-130 and then the process continues with the NVC. Your wife will appear at the US Consulate for an interview. This process will take about a year if all goes well.
Q. Citizenship for a green card holder who was out of the state for 2 years
A: The issue here is that she left the country for a long period of time so that she may be considered to have abandoned her permanent residency. You are encouraged to work with an attorney. She will generally be eligible to apply based on three years if she received her green card based on marriage to US citizen.
Q. Immigration question about visiting USA
A: Do you know why there was a lengthy questioning last time? You may have to overcome the officer’s assumption that you are planning to possibly get married and remain in the US after this entry. It is impossible to advise without knowing the details of the last questioning.
Q. Hi, I'm from Canada and my residency card expired in 2015.
A: This fact pattern definitely requires a private consultation. I encourage you to speak with an attorney in private.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
43 West 43rd St.
Ste. 132
New York, NY 10036
Telephone: (212) 859-5019
Cell: (310) 346-2198