Ext. 1002Tap to Call This Lawyer
Duo LiuBlumsack & Canzano
- Criminal Law, Business Law, Immigration Law ...
- Massachusetts, New York, New York Eastern District court
Attorney Duo Liu works closely with the partnership to set the firm’s strategy and helps to execute it through his leadership of the business support team.
In practice, Attorney Liu is a creative and accomplished litigator with a focus on complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts. The consistent attention and practical advice he gives clients often serves to defuse tensions and avoid conflicts. When disputes do occur, Attorney Liu is an effective, persuasive litigator whose extensive subject matter proficiency gives clients and client teams a distinct advantage.
Attorney Liu has particular experience in establishing legal structures and operational plans for international service and research projects in a broad range of industries, including consumer products, retail, health care, and technology. He also has extensive experience and expertise in business formations, acquisitions, financing, operations, reorganizations, and dispositions.
In addition, Attorney Liu routinely advises clients in connection with SEC and Special Committee investigations involving allegations of accounting errors and misstatements, insider trading, fraud, embezzlement, and bribery.
Attorney Liu also is known for his sensitivity to his clients’ needs and concerns, as well as his proven ability to keep litigation matters in scope, on time, and on budget. From his business clients, he has won high praise for his creativity and critical thinking, strengths that yield original approaches to resolving disputes favorably.
Attorney Liu is an attorney and advisor who helps individuals and family business owners define and steward their legacy. He has an in-depth understanding of the complicated system of laws and regulations that control end-of-life wealth distribution. He uses that knowledge to create thoughtful, strategic estate plans that preserve asset value and fulfill client wishes.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Immigration Law
- Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
- White Collar Crime
- Tax Law
- Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
$400 per hour for most types of cases.
- Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- 1st Circuit
- 9th Circuit
- Massachusetts District Court
- New York Eastern District court
- US International Trade Court
- US Tax Court
- Attorney at Law
- Blumsack & Canzano
- Boston University School of Law
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Q. Marriott hotel sublet the event hosting time slot paid my me to another party. Want to sue Marriott.
- A: Marriott may have a choice of law in one of the agreements you signed with it. You need to find it out and have an attorney to review the documents. Based on my cases with Marriott, Maryland is always the jurisdiction it desires. As Attorney Tolley mentioend, you may be able to write a demand letter, but you need to talk with an attorney first before taking any actions. My answer does not build the client-attorney relationship.
- Q. You I am on STEM opt cap gap, can I transfer H1B visa before October 1??? Provided I get H1B approval notice in may???
- A: This is not an accurate question. You need to provide more facts to get an answer. In order to get an answer for you, I may ask 1) has the H1B been filed? If so, when was it filed? If not, when will it be filed? 2) Is premium processing required for the H1B petition? 3) What date was put as starting date on the H1B petition? 4) Are you currently working? 5) Do you have any immigration petitions pending? etc. I feel sorry, but I cannot give you an answer based on assumptions. I would recommend you have a consultation with an immigration attorney.
- Q. Can a veterinarian on a j2 visa volunteer in an animal shelter without work permit
- A: It depends, but most likely the answer is yes. Employment authorization may not be required when the work performed can be considered volunteering as defined by the USCIS. J-2 dependents cannot be unpaid volunteers in positions where others receive compensation to perform the same services. It sounds like there is no compensation or expectation of compensation. Further, services are performed for a non-profit charity and the work is "charitable" in nature. If my understanding is correct, then you may likely volunteer legally at the animal shelter. However, as a professional person, I should not simply give you my conclusion without full review of your case, because other factors should also be considered. Well, I do highly recommend you to confirm this with the school's DSO through the J1 holder.