Free Consultation: (872) 205-6556Tap to Call This Lawyer
Drew Ball

Drew Ball

Ball & McCann, P.C.
  • Insurance Claims, Personal Injury, Real Estate Law...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I concentrate mainly in the areas of Insurance Litigation, Personal Injury, Real Estate, and Commercial Litigation. I represent businesses and individuals in a wide range of civil disputes and have a proven track record of success.

I received my Bachelor's Degree from the University of Louisville where I actively volunteered for organizations assisting with events through out the Louisville community. I attended law school in Miami, Florida where I was involved in many facets of the community in an array of Pro Bono projects.

I have been named to the 2017 and 2018 Illinois Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers for in Court litigation work. I am licensed in Illinois, and am proud member of the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.

Practice Areas
  • Insurance Claims
  • Personal Injury
  • Real Estate Law
  • Consumer Law
  • Free Consultation
    Limited to 30 minute consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Ball & McCann, P.C.
- Current
Illinois State Bar Association
- Current
American Bar Association (ABA)
- Current
Licensed Attorney
Illinois State Bar
- Current
St. Thomas University School of Law
J.D. (2014) | Law
University of Louisville
B.S. (2011) | Sports Business
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
The Rising Stars list is comprised of attorneys that are 40 years or younger, and each year no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the State of Illinois are selected to receive this immense honor. As a lawyer selected to the Rising Stars list, Drew has been recognized by his peers and for his professional achievements through a multi-phase selection process. The selection process includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation, as well as peer reviews to join the prestigious list of no more than 2.5% in the State of Illinois.
Rising Star
Super Lawyer
Top Law Firm
Top Law Practices
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar # 6318371
American Bar Association (ABA) # 02806473
- Current
Activities: Member of the ABA TIPS Section
Illinois State Bar
Websites & Blogs
Ball & McCann, P.C.
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered

Q. A car rear-ended me at a stoplight and I, in turn, hit the car in front of me. The person in the front-most car got
A: Yes, the injured party could sue you. However, the specific factual circumstances of the accident will dictate whether or not you are a named defendant should they file a lawsuit. If you were injured as well, or if you went to the emergency room, etc. than you also should speak to a personal injury attorney before you do anything further. If this is purely a property damage accident, and you did not suffer injuries - you should submit an insurance claim to your insurer and they should handle it.
Q. Wantingto put my business in our mall ,Its unique fried ice cream roll business but the Dairy Queen lease might stop it
A: You should contact an attorney to review the lease and/or the facts about DQ's conduct that you are indicating are interfering with your business. You may have the ability to assert some type of civil claim in hopes of encouraging the mall to lease a location to your business, but again a thorough review of the documents and facts would be necessary for us as attorneys to accurately advise you. I encourage you to reach out to an attorney directly for a consultation. I wish you the best.
Q. My moving company hired two felons who threatened to burn down my house/kill me. Do I have a case for negligent hiring?
A: From the limited facts you provided it does not sound like any personal injury was actually suffered? Did they cause you injury? Have you seen a doctor or psychologist as the result of the threats? If you did not sustain an injury it would be difficult to say "you have a case" and even more difficult for any lawyer to justify taking your case on a contingency basis without some measurable injury. I am sorry you had to go through that, and negative reviews are surely justified but a lawsuit would likely not be.
Q. My father has a bank acct. in PR and has passed away.My Brother is executor.Can His stepmom close the bank acct.?
A: If your brother is the executor he needs to file the necessary paperwork with the Court in the County where your father resided at the time of his death. That being said, there is a significant amount of work that must be put into your father's estate to ensure it is properly handled. You and your brother would be well advised to retain an attorney on behalf of his estate to handle these matters. I wish you the best.
Q. There is a lien on our house for property taxes. We want to sell the house to be able to move where we can find work.
A: The short answer, yes you can do this. However, it would require the right buyer and for the taxes to be negotiated into the sales price. Because of the complexity of the transaction, you should hire an attorney to handle the sale of your home. Typically, attorneys charge a nominal amount for real estate closings. Thus, contact a real estate attorney and allow your agent and us to handle the details.
Q. My TTD benefits were stopped by the insurance attorney as an attempt to force me to accept their low settlement offer,
A: You stated you have an attorney, thus your question should be directed to your attorney. You should call and demand that you speak with them personally. If you are dissatisfied with the attorney, you are always free to terminate their services and hire a new one. I wish you the best.
Q. Can an attorney sell real estate without a real estate license in Illinois?
A: In general, no one can sell real estate without a real estate license including an attorney. However, certain exceptions qualify that statement such as an attorney selling their own property, or assisting a family member if they do not receive commissions, etc.
Q. I was in a car accident and knocked down a fence.
A: There are simply not enough facts provided to properly answer. In general, if you think it is less, then you should find reliable support for your belief.
Q. I live in a sub-division in a condo with HOAs. Do they have a right to reject my chosen contractor, even if he's willing
A: You would need to review your HOA' Decs. and Bylaws to determine whether or not their conduct is appropriate.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Ball & McCann, P.C.
161 North Clark St.
Suite 1600
Chicago, IL 60601
Telephone: (872) 205-6556