Free Consultation: (800) 750-0111Tap to Call This Lawyer
Dr.  Peter Marc Schaeffer Esq.

Dr. Peter Marc Schaeffer Esq.

I will get you the treatment you need and the money you deserve!
  • Workers' Compensation, Employment Law
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

"I will get you the quality treatment you need and the money you deserve" I have been practicing Workers Compensation cases including FEHA and 132 a discrimination cases for over 20 years with a nearly flawless track record in representing seriously injured employees in all industries. I have a strong background in business, real estate, sales and marketing, and pharmacy practices.

Practice Areas
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Employment Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    All workers compensation cases have the attorney fees not to exceed 15% of the settlement paid thru the insurance company at the time of settlement... never any money out of your pocket.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
The Law Offices of Dr. Peter M. Schaeffer
- Current
Aggressive lawyer with primary focus on Workers compensation claims for injured workers. We also represent injured workers and employees in Harassment and discrimination claims including FEHA and 132a discrimination cases. No Recovery... No Fee.
California Southern
J.D. (1985) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
University of Southern California
Pharm. D | Pharmacy
University of Southern California Logo
Columbia University
Transferred to Doctorate program U.S.C.
Columbia University Logo
Comp Laude finalisyt
Workers Comp Central Awards Gala
Top Workers Compensation Attorney
Palm Springs Life
Professional Associations
California State Bar # 182512
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Riverside Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California Applicants Attorney Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Federal Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Desert Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
3 Ways to Settle Your Workers Compensation Claim
The Law Offices of Dr. Peter M. Schaeffer
Speaking Engagements
How To File a Workers Compensation Case, Las Vegas convention, Las Vegas Nevada
Avvo Nolo Press
Specialization in Workers Compensation
University of California Riverside
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
22 Questions Answered

Q. I have a work related injury from 2016 I had surgery and also suffer from arthritis this has not only taken a toll on
A: This is a qualified NO... if it is found to be a compensable consequence of the work injury, and your doctors prescribe psychological treatment and or medications work comp will pay for it generally but they will not allocate further disability to the psyche condition. this has been the law since 2013.
Q. I want to know if the insurance co in a ca workers comp case can deduct from award child support that I had paid from
A: On the surface it makes no sense if the case was closed ... so.. follow up with the child support agency and get a paid in full statement that there is no basis for any further payments to be made to them... then take that to the court with the settlement documents (if you have a lawyer have your lawyer do it for you and send a copy to the adjuster).
Q. What does it mean that workers' comp is a "no fault" system?
A: Simply put... if you get injured at work... you don't have to prove you were not negligent nor do you have to prove your employer was negligent. You got hurt at work... you are covered...(unless you were fooling around and caused your own injury)
Q. Can I close my work injury lawsuit at anything if I wish not to proceed?? Can a settlement be set at a Deposition
A: Yes to both questions is the short story
Q. For my case, theyre offering me 5000 for a settlement. Will that be taxed? Or is it nontaxable like temp dis. benefits?
A: Work comp benefits are non taxable.
Q. Not P&S yet but released with no restrictions.l
A: Interesting question you will have to refer to the medical reports to see if the doctor is still calling you temporarily disabled even though he gave you no work restrictions he may have said you could return to modify duty and if your employer terminate you before you are able to do any modify duty then most likely you should be able to get temporary disability benefits
Q. Can a temp agency just drop my workman's comp because the company hire a different temp agency
A: No Once you report your injury to the original agency they own responsibility for your injury even if they get fired and you go to new agency
Q. I think my work aggravated a previous non-work injury - can I still make a claim?
A: If you believe your work caused you bodily injury on top of a pre-existing non work injury you are still covered but the issue of apportionment will be a part of the claim.
Q. The carrier accepted my claim been 30 days yet to pay any workers Compensation benefits ,
A: Many injured workers expect the insurance carrier to do "the right thing" but most of the time they don't when it comes to an unrepresented injured worker... if they did then most of the reasons for having an attorney represent you in a workers compensation case would be unnecessary. Failure to pay you TTD would have your attorney filing a DOR ( Declaration of Readiness) for an Expedited hearing at the Workers comp appeals board and their would be a hearing before the court and the defense will have to answer why they haven't been paying you and if their answer is BS... Your attorney will obtain an order for them to pay you plus any penalties or interest that has accrued.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
L/O Dr. Peter M. Schaeffer - Riverside
6820 Indiana Ave
Suite 275
Riverside, CA 92506
Toll-Free: (800) 750-0111
Telephone: (951) 275-0111
Cell: (760) 831-1633
Fax: (866) 343-6256
L/O Dr. Peter M. Schaeffer - Temecula
43537 Ridgepark Dr.
Suite 100
Temecula , CA 92590
Toll-Free: (800) 750-0111
Telephone: (951) 302-0400