Free Consultation: (866) 368-4279Tap to Call This Lawyer
Douglas Lee Bryan

Douglas Lee Bryan

The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C.
  • Personal Injury, Social Security Disability, Workers' Compensation ...
  • Louisiana
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Attorney Doug Bryan has been serving the local community since 1991 with individualized, experienced legal counsel. As a lifelong resident of Louisiana, he understands the needs of clients and their families. You can rely on his knowledge and compassion throughout your case, whether you were in a car accident, injured at work, want to adopt a child or were charged with a traffic offense. The Bryan Law Firm L.L.C. provides representation in a range of areas of law with a focus on personal injury and work injuries. Doug Bryan began his legal career with a personal injury law firm and remains committed to helping injury victims and their families recover the compensation they need. He understands the importance of treating clients with care while tenaciously pursuing damages from the negligent parties.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Social Security Disability
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Family Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal accepted.
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Provider firm for many legal service plans, including Legal Shield, ARAG, Hyatt Legal, Legal Resources, CLC, and Workplace Options, among others.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
5th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Owner and Principal
The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C.
- Current
Owner and Principal of law firm focusing on personal injury, worker's compensation, social security, adoption, divorce, family law, and other civil matters.
Riddle Law Offices
Associate attorney for general civil practice law firm
Neblett, Beard & Arsenault
Associate attorney focusing on personal injury, worker's compensation and social security matters.
Loyola University New Orleans
J.D. (1991) | Law
Activities: Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity; Loyola Law Clinic
Placeholder image for education.
University of Louisiana - Monroe
B.A. (1988) | Pre-Law
Honors: Graduated Cum Laude. Member Phi Alpha Theta Honor Society
Activities: Fiat Justicia Pre-Law Organization
University of Louisiana - Monroe Logo
Professional Associations
Avoyelles Parish Bar Association
President 1998; President-Elect 1997; Secretary/Treasurer 1996
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Louisiana State Bar
Legal Services for Persons with Disabilities Comm. 96-pres.; House of Delegates 96-pres.; Bd. of Governors 08-09
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Louisiana Association of Justice
Bd. of Governors 99-2000
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Notary Public, commissioned statewide
Louisiana Secretary of State
Websites & Blogs
Bryan Law Firm's Website
Legal Answers
647 Questions Answered

Q. In Louisiana , how can the father be served Child Support papers? Does it have to physically be given to him?
A: Usually in Louisiana, service is either made personally (given to him) or domiciliary (given to someone at his residence). If the person resides in another state, service can be made "long-arm" through certified mail, or in any other way authorized by his state's laws.
Q. Do I receive the back child support if he had a lien? Do my kids need an attorney to receive the settlement as next kin
A: If the father died without a will then his children would be next of kin and would inherit the rights to pursue his claim. Also, if he had children other than the one(s) he owes child support for, then the lien for back-due support would be owed before any of the other money is distributed. I would certainly recommend speaking with an attorney to ensure your rights are protected and to ensure that proper steps are taken to place the insurance company on notice of the lien.
Q. My mother was killed in a automobile accident on June 3,2020 and at the time of her passing she did not leave a will.
A: While your sister has a right of use to the house, she cannot kick you out to gain it. You have equal rights to use of the home. You can sue your sister for wrongful eviction and to be restored to use of the home. If you no longer wish to be a co-owner of the property with your sister and she refuses to agree to sell the home, you can file to partition the property.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
419 South Preston St
P.O. Box 707
Marksville, LA 71351
Toll-Free: (866) 368-4279
Telephone: (318) 240-8282
Fax: (318) 240-0292