Dillon B Norton

Dillon B Norton

Need a will? Call Dill. Have a will? Call Dill. Injured? You know who to call...
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Personal Injury ...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

D. B. Norton, PLLC is proud to serve clients in throughout the state of Texas in their time of need. Whether helping clients plan for the future, assisting clients during their time of loss, or helping someone clear their record, the Law Office of D. B. Norton, PLLC always goes the extra mile for the people it serves.

Attorney Dillon Norton understands that legal issues are often confusing for clients. Whether you need an estate plan are in need of probate and estate settlement services or are injured, he always takes the time to explain each step involved so you can understand how the process works. He is also available to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have along the way. When anything changes in your case, you can count on Attorney Dillon Norton to bring you up-to-date immediately.

After spending nearly six years serving our country in the United States Navy, Houston Attorney Dillon Norton wanted to do more to help his county by serving individuals and their families in the greater Houston area, surrounding counties, and throughout the state of Texas. If you are in need of legal representation, Houston attorney Dillon Norton is the only attorney you should call.

Practice Areas
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa and Mastercard only
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I do flat fees and hourly representation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Texas - Austin
B.A. | Government
Activities: Student Veterans Association, Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity
University of Texas - Austin Logo
University of Houston - Main Campus
J.D. | Law
Honors: Barksdale Stevens Award for Student Involvement National Finalist - South Texas College of Law Energy Law Negotiation Tournament
Activities: Alternative Dispute Resolution Team
University of Houston - Main Campus Logo
Estate Planning "10 Best Attorneys" Selection for Texas
American Institute of Legal Counsel
The Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas
State Bar of Texas
Inducted into the Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas for meeting the standard of eligibility by making outstanding contributions to the delivery of legal services to low-income Texans as required for membership for the year 2017.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Texas  # 24102286
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered
Q. My dad passed last week can't find will but he married his ex wife she wants to take all and just cremate him f
A: Also, check the probate records department at your local county clerk's office to see if your father filed a will for safe keeping. Not many people do it, but it's worth looking into. Take a death certificate or obituary and a form of ID. If you're listed as an authorized person who may retrieve the will, they will give it to you. Some counties also let a named executor retrieve the will. If you are neither, then you will need a court order to get the will.
Q. Father is incarcerated in TX. Just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, with 2-3 months possibly. What do I have to do
A: I'm terribly sorry to hear about your father. He can sign a power of attorney as long as he is not mentally incapacitated. If he has spells of dimentia because of his illness then executing these documents will be tough. Getting witnesses could be tough, too, but a good attorney will make it happen.
Q. my dad passed away and didn't leave a will. My mom passed away and left a will with my sister being the beneficiary
A: It depends on whether your father was married to your mother when he passed, and if so, whether his children were of your mother and father's marriage. You need a probate attorney to assist you.

Assuming parents were married at the time of dad's death and all his children came from their marriage, then the surviving spouse would get 100% of the community property, 1/3 of separate personal property with 2/3 going to the children, and surviving spouse gets a 1/3 life estate in the separate real property which comes back to the children when the surviving spouse dies. This assumes she survived him by 120 hours.

If there are any children from outside the marriage, the equation changes. Then the children get 100% of the decedent's community property share, equally.

If the decedent was unmarried and had children, the children then get 100% of all the decedent's property. However, you have to go through probate to determine heirship rights and establish any of this.

To establish who gets what, you will have to probate both estates.
... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
D. B. Norton, PLLC
9800 Northwest Fwy
Suite 316
Houston, TX 77092
Telephone: (832) 209-9517