Free Consultation: (888) 902-9285Tap to Call This Lawyer
Deron Edward Smallcomb

Deron Edward Smallcomb

Law Offices of Deron Smallcomb
  • Immigration Law
  • California, Serving Clients in all 50 States - Offices in CA & NY
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

For the past 10 years, our practice has achieved over 10,000 approvals for our clients. Whether you are interested in marriage based immigration, asylum, a Green Card, or a business visa, we can help. We speak many languages, so call us today at (888) 902-9285 for a Free Consultation! We have offices in both California and New York, and we help clients in all 50 states and all over the world.

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
    We provide a free consultation to see if you qualify for our services.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California
Serving Clients in all 50 States - Offices in CA & NY
9th Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Kapampangan: Spoken, Written
  • Russian: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
  • Tagalog: Spoken, Written
  • Ukrainian: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Offices of Deron Smallcomb
- Current
Owner, LLC
Santa Clara University, Oxford University, and Empire Law School
J.D. (2005) | Law
Santa Clara University
MBA (2002) | Masters of Business Administration
California State University - California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
B.S. (1998) | Business Administration
Professional Associations
California State Bar # 282493
- Current
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Deron Edward Smallcomb's Website Profile
Law Offices of Deron Smallcomb Website
Legal Answers
89 Questions Answered

Q. Can a LPR file an I-130 & I-485 for a spouse that is in the U.S on a tourist visa?
A: Generally no, because the I-130 won't be current to file for Adjustment of Status. However, the spouse can file a visitor visa extension if they need to stay longer than six months. You should contact an experienced immigration attorney for help.
Q. Can I visit my country and come back legally within the last 90 days of my conditional 2 year green card?
A: Yes, as long as you come back before it expires. That said, you should have an extension letter by that point from filing for removal of conditions. You should contact an experienced immigration attorney for assistance.
Q. My green card expired 04/01/2016, I just noticed. I am still married to my American wife, what do I do? I-75I form??
A: You should still file the I-751 with an explanation as to why you were late on filing. If that doesn't work, your options become more complicated.
Q. hearing in removal proceedings soon, was told most/all cases are denied unless extreme hardship ie illness, options?
A: You should really discuss your case with an experienced immigration attorney. We've handled many such cases for example, and deportation is not a foregone conclusion.
Q. I have been in a green for about 7 years and would like to apply for citizenship. However I incorporated an LLC that
A: Unless you were committing illegal activity with the LLC, you shouldn't have any issue.
Q. US citizen marrying a foreigner abroad and living abroad with foreign partner wanting to petition for green card abroad?
A: Your case is a bit complex, however your goals can be accomplished. The process would start with a spousal based filing in the United States, ultimately that will result in a Green Card. Based on the issues in your case, you should contact an experienced immigration lawyer for help. The cost isn't high for this process and you will be well served by doing it right the first time.
Q. If my wife is granted a spouse visa, is there a particular window of time in which she has to move to the US?
A: Generally, the visa must be used within 6 months.
Q. Am a green card holder from my dad,am 23& it’s been a year here,do I have Possibility to apply for citizen ?!
A: You will need to be a green card holder for five years before you can file for citizenship.
Q. Married in two different countries with the same person counts as bigamy?
A: You are seemingly divorced on a marriage that you lied about to the US Government. This is a complex issue and could negatively impact your life on several levels if not addressed properly. You need to speak with an experienced immigration attorney.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Deron Smallcomb
2305 Historic Decatur Rd
San Diego, CA 92106
Toll-Free: (888) 902-9285
Telephone: (619) 755-9822
Law Offices of Deron Smallcomb
New York
517 Brighton Beach Ave
2nd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Toll-Free: (888) 902-9285
Telephone: (718) 799-9118