Derek Pakiz heads the litigation department at The Reeves Law Group and supervises the firm’s attorneys. Drawing upon decades of practice, Derek offers clients exceptional skills and a deep understanding of cases involving personal injury law. Over the course of his career, Derek has successfully resolved thousands of cases for clients through mediation, arbitration, litigation and numerous trials. Derek’s practice covers a wide range of personal injury cases from serious car accidents to slip and fall accidents, with a specialty focus on catastrophic injury cases, including traumatic brain injury, paralysis, amputation, and wrongful death. His expertise has garnered significant results, including numerous favorable verdicts and multiple multimillion dollar results. Selected Recognitions Derek’s stature in the field of personal injury has been recognized over the years.
These recognitions are partly exemplified below:
• Derek is 1 of only 3 lawyers in the U.S. with the Diplomate Accreditation and Trial Advocacy Certification, through the California State Bar.
• He is the recipient of the Diplomate Accreditation, awarded by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. Only about 100 personal injury lawyers have been so recognized nationwide.
• He has been certified as Specialist in Civil Trial Advocacy by The National Board of Legal Specialty Certification. Only 100 out of the nearly 250,000 attorneys in California hold such distinction.
Education: Derek obtained his bachelor’s degree from UCLA in 1984, and his law degree from Loyola Law School in 1987.
Professional Memberships and Certifications: American Trial Lawyers of America, Melvin M. Belli Society, Certified Specialist in Civil Trial Advocacy, The National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Free Consultation
We offer free case evaluations
- Contingent Fees
You won't pay unless and until we win your case.
- English: Spoken, Written
- German: Spoken, Written
- Univ of California at Los Angeles
- Undergraduate Degree
- Loyola Law School
- Law Degree
- American Association of Justice
- Activities: Derek is one of less than 100 trial lawyers in America to be awarded as an AAJ Diplomat
- - Current
- Activities: Derek Pakiz was nominated as a Superlawyer
- California State Bar # 140605
- - Current
- The Reeves Law Group
- Personal Injury Lawyer News
- Leaving Millions to the Cats and Dogs
19 January 2020
- When Can the Wrongly Incarcerated Recover Money Damages?
13 January 2020
- How a Senate Post-Impeachment Trial Differs from the Usual Court Trial
3 January 2020
- California’s New Criminal Justice Laws
28 December 2019
- A Christmas Gift for California Employees? Mandatory Arbitration Agreements Soon To Be Illegal
22 December 2019
- Fact or Fiction: Attorneys Can Be Sanctioned for Insulting Opposing Counsel and Parties
16 December 2019
- California Passes Nation’s Strongest Law Protecting Consumer Privacy
7 December 2019
- Fact or Fiction: A Federal Appeals Courts Ruling Protects the Homeless from Criminal Prosecution
21 November 2019
- FTC Releases New Rules for “Influencers” aka Instagram “Celebrities”
16 November 2019
Once I Hire A Lawyer, what do I do next?Do I Hire A Lawyer Right Away?
Are you suffering from an injury and are wondering if you should hire a lawyer right away? In this Personal Injury Network (PIN) video, Derek Pakiz explains why it is...Choosing the Right Lawyer - Derek Pakis | Personal Injury Network | Reeves Law Group
See http://www.robertreeveslaw.com for more information. Selecting the right personal injury lawyer can be difficult to say the least. However the Personal Injury Network is here to help by providing you...