I am a registered U.S. Patent Attorney with an Electrical Engineering degree as well as a Juris Doctor law degree. I have over 20 years experience in patent preparation and prosecution, and have successfully prosecuted hundreds of patent applications to allowance. Importantly, I am dedicated to strong customer service. I believe you deserve timeliness as well as quality.
- Intellectual Property
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
$300 per hour. Fixed fees negotiable for patent applications.
- State Bar of Texas
- ID Number: 24058201
- Washington State Bar Association
- ID Number: 24753
- Wisconsin Court System
- ID Number: 1021204
- 7th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- French: Written
- Founder, Patent Attorney
- Malhotra Law Firm, PLLC
- - Current
- Patent and trademark preparation and prosecution. I accept a limited amount of work for friends and clients who require high quality and rapid turn-around, and who are willing to pay for it. Contingency fee litigation in Texas. Review file histories and consider strengths and weaknesses of potential patent litigation matters.
- Patent Attorney, Shareholder
- Wells St. John
- Intellectual property practice at a well respected intellectual property law firm in Spokane, Washington. Firm clients on whose projects I worked included Micron Technology, Hewlett-Packard Co., VLSI (Philips), Lockheed, and others. Technologies I've worked with include software, RF communications, sensors, smart cards, ESD protection, disk drives, tape drives, servo systems, printers, static memory cells, dynamic memory cells, databases, publishing systems, virtual reality, wafer production methods, wafer polishing, antenna diversity systems, marketing systems, electron multipliers, digital clock recovery loops. I've also worked on mechanical inventions such as mobile conveyors, upflow clarifiers, etc.
- Patent Agent, Patent Attorney
- Michael Best & Friedrich
- Intellectual property practice at Michael, Best & Friedrich, a large general practice law firm in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Preparation and prosecution of patent and trademark applications for filing in U.S. and abroad, drafting of appeal briefs, patent and trademark search reports and infringement opinions, license agreements, software development agreements, etc. Started firm's Intellectual Property Update newsletter-was the editor and primary contributor of the Update from its inception until my departure. Firm clients on whose projects I worked included Outboard Marine Corporation, Milwaukee Electric Tool Co., Envirex Co., Rexnord Corp., Quad Graphics, Bemis, Hein-Werner, AOSmith, Harnischfeger Engineers, Inc., Ft. Howard, and others.
- Patent Agent Trainee
- Gowling & Henderson, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Patent agent in training at Gowling & Henderson (now Gowling, Strathy & Henderson), a large general practice firm in Ottawa, Ontario with a major practice in intellectual property law. Became very familiar with Canadian practice, with the new Canadian first-to-file system, and with the specialties, qualifications, and fees of various Canadian patent agents and attorneys. Firm clients on whose projects I worked included Sony, Motorola, Black & Decker, Ford Aerospace, and many U.S. law firms.
- Marquette University Law School
- South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
- B.S. | EE
- Washington State Bar # 24753
- - Current
- Deepak Malhotra's History of Software Patents in the U.S.
- Deepak Malhotra's History of Patent Rule Changes
- Conducting Inter Partes Reviews (IPRs)
26 July 2015
- International Registration of Industrial Designs
7 May 2015
- More First-to-File traps
25 March 2013
- Why AIA is a mistake
19 March 2013
- Welcome to First-to-File
16 March 2013
- Office Patent Trial Practice Guide
16 August 2012
- Transitional Program for Covered Business Method Patents - Definitions of Covered Business Method Patent and Technological Invention
15 August 2012
- Rules of Practice for Trials before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and Judicial Review of Patent Trial and Appeal Board Decisions
15 August 2012
- Changes to Implement the Supplemental Examination Provisions of the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
15 August 2012