Free Consultation: (817) 900-3220Tap to Call This Lawyer
Deborah Ann Bankhead

Deborah Ann Bankhead

  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Deborah Bankhead is an associate with Varghese Summersett a Fort Worth Family Law Firm. A second-generation attorney, Deborah is knowledgeable, well-prepared and known for going the extra mile for clients to achieve the best possible outcome.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Written
Professional Experience
Legal Intern
Varghese Summersett
Teaching Assistant
Texas A&M School of Law
Legal Assistant/Intern
The Griffin Firm
Judge Bob McCoy's Intern
County Criminal Court No. 3 in Tarrant County
Research Assistant
Texas A&M University School of Law
Judicial Intern
Criminal District Court No. 4 in Tarrant County
Texas A&M University School of Law
J.D. (2016)
Honors: Graduated in top 20 percent of class
Placeholder image for education.
University of Texas - Austin
B.S. (2011) | Communication Studies: Political Communication
University of Texas - Austin Logo
Fort Worth Divorce Lawyer
Varghese Summersett
Professional Associations
Tarrant County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Texas Criminal Justice Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Teen Court Program (Fort Worth)
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Texas # 24096815
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered

Q. My wife and I both received an assault by contact ticket. What should we do, we got in a fight and she called the cops
A: This is certainly a difficult situation, but a local, experienced criminal defense attorney can help. A Class C ticket has a range of punishment of $0 to $500 fine. However, a Family Violence ticket for Assault by Contact can have very serious consequences for your criminal record. You want to pursue an option where this could be expunged from your record in time. Contact an attorney as soon as possible and discuss your options.
Q. If I decide to hire an attorney and get rid of my court appointed one, will I have to wait for another court date.
A: You can hire an attorney at any time. The Court can choose to keep the court date the same, or your attorney can request a new one so he or she has time to review all the evidence prior to court. The most important thing is to work with an attorney you trust has the experience and knowledge to best defend your case and then listen to their advice on how to proceed.
Q. Can you request a court date in another city? If so how?
A: Depending upon your bond restrictions, you can move. Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely your case will be transferred while pending. While it is possible to have a probation sentence transferred to your home jurisdiction, the case will be prosecuted where it originated.
Q. Can I get a felony DWI charge reduced to a misdemeanor after I've completed my terms an conditions.
A: Unfortunately, no. As DWIs are currently only eligible for straight probation and your probation was the result of a guilty plea and finding of guilt, the case will remain as currently charged.
Q. Is there a limit on how long I must report a DWI arrest to potential employers? (I/e to be a public school teacher)
A: While employer guidelines may vary, the licensing board has specific requirements for reporting. You will want to have your specific guidelines analyzed by an attorney to ensure compliance. While arrests can be expunged if a case never follows and the statute of limitations has passed, most DWI arrests result in a conviction. Criminal convictions are a part of public record and cannot be expunged or non-disclosed. Hope this helps!
Q. My bf got his 7th DWI in TX.Any chance he will get probation with a good lawyer or how much jail time?
A: A 7th DWI is well within the guidelines for Felony prosecution. If he has a prior felony, he is not eligible for probation from the Judge or Jury. However, some counties have diversion programs for repeat DWI offenders who are high risk. Some of his programs grant probation where a defendant would otherwise not be eligible. Certainly worth seeking the advice of a local attorney to pursue these as an option.
Q. I was convicted of my 2nd DWI in Texas Sept. 2015. How do I get my license reinstated?
A: When you take jail time for a DWI-REP case, there should be a license suspension. Even if the Judge does not place it on your Judgement and Sentence, DPS can. Depending upon when your last DWI was, this could also be a "hard suspension" meaning you cannot obtain an Occupational License. Regardless, Interlock is required. You will either need a restricted license with Interlock requirement provided, or an order from a Judge saying Interlock is not required. Contact a local DWI attorney for assistance.
Q. My cousin is in jail for dui, and ice detainee. He has been there 69 days. Is there anything that can be done.
A: In Texas, a DUI is a Class C ticket for persons under the age of 21 who are alleged to be driving with any detectable amount of alcohol in their system. It is much more likely, your cousin has been arrested for a DWI which is a Class B or Class A Misdemeanor, depending upon the Blood/Breath Alcohol Concentration. Once a ICE detainer has been placed, making the criminal case bond will not secure your cousin's release. You will need to speak with an immigration attorney about an ICE bond, though release on this bond does not absolve the immigration consequences of criminal activity.
Q. After 16yrs ago, can I be charged for DWI, first offense in Lufkin, Texas?
A: The statute of limitations on a DWI first is 2 years. However, there are certain things that can toll this limitations period. Once can be an active arrest warrant. You will need to contact a local, experienced DWI attorney to assist in resolving the matter.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Varghese Summersett Family Law Group
300 Throckmorton Street, Suite 1650 B
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Toll-Free: (817) 900-3220