Free Consultation: (877) 875-6958Tap to Call This Lawyer
David Piotrowski

David Piotrowski

Evict your tenant today!
  • Landlord Tenant, Real Estate Law, Business Law...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Representing Landlords in Eviction Cases. Assisting Interstate Household Goods Moving Companies with Tariffs and Contracts. Practicing member of the State Bar of California and the United States District Court for the Central District of California.

Practice Areas
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Real Estate Law
  • Business Law
  • Estate Planning
Additional Practice Areas
  • General Civil
  • Interstate Household Goods Transportation
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Univ of California at Los Angeles
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Southwestern Univ School of Law
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
California State Bar # 233799
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Best Eviction Practices for Landlords Seminar, Los Angeles, California
Attorney Piotrowski spoke at an Apartment Association of Greater Los Angeles seminar dealing with landlord best practices and an overview of the eviction process. The Law Office of David Piotrowski assists California landlords with tenant evictions.
Legal Answers
17 Questions Answered

Q. Hi, I was not able to pay the full amount of rent for this month (May) but paid $200.00 from the $1700 due.
A: The landlord could serve you with a 3 day notice for non-payment for the balance that you owe. If you do not pay within 3 days of being served with the 3 day notice, then the landlord could file an eviction court case against you.
Q. I am being forced by the landlord on an illegal apmt to move for another tenant. Am I entitled to relocation assistance?
A: That depends on whether or not your property is subject to rent control.
Q. If I give my 30-day notice to move out in the middle of the month, do I need to pay the whole months rent?
A: You would pay a prorated rent for June. To get the daily value, divide the full months' rent by 30. Then, multiply the daily value by the number of days in June until the 30 day notice expires.
Q. I received a 3 day notice to preform covenant (cure) or quit, preformed the request then paid rent on day 2 did i need
A: If you have proof/evidence to show you cured the violation with the 3 days, then raise that in your Answer and bring your proof with you to court on the day of the trial.
Q. my landlord gave me a 30 day notice but we have a one year lease do i have to move
A: If you are on an unexpired lease, then generally the landlord cannot give you a 30 day notice to terminate tenancy. The landlord could, however, give you a 3 day notice if you are violating something in the lease.
Q. I have lived in my house for 2 years this June, and I was just served with a 60 day notice to vacate-with no reason.
A: Assuming you are not in a rent-controlled area and are on a month-to-month tenancy, then yes, the landlord can serve you with a written 60 day notice to move. You would then have 60 days to move. If you do not move within the 60 days, the landlord would then be able to file an unlawful detainer (eviction) case against you for holding over. If you need a little more than 60 days to move, perhaps you can reach out to the landlord and see if he/she would be willing to give you a little extra time. Note, however, that the landlord is not under any duty to extend your tenancy.
Q. How do I collect on a Stipulation for an Unlawful Detainer case where the Defendant never made any payments?
A: Read through your stipulation. Often times it will require the plaintiff to file a declaration of non-compliance or it may require an ex-parte appearance. Collections are an entirely different process. If the defendant doesn't make the payments, you may need to consider a wage garnishment, bank levy, judgment-debtor exam, filing an abstract of judgment, etc. Contact a collections attorney.
Q. If my tenant is avoiding my calls regarding payments. How long do I have before I proceed with eviction notices?
A: If the rent is past due and there is no grace period, you can generally serve the 3 day notice to pay rent or quit the day after the rent is due.
Q. Can your landlord come over to your house without your permission
A: Generally no. The landlord needs to provide adequate and reasonable notice (generally 24 hours).
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of David Piotrowski
28005 Smyth Dr., Suite 180
Valencia, CA 91355
Toll-Free: (877) 875-6958
Law Office of David Piotrowski
1542 Hollister St.
Suite 190
Santa Barbara, CA 93111
Toll-Free: (877) 875-6958