Free Consultation: (631) 239-1702Tap to Call This Lawyer
David P. Badanes

David P. Badanes

Badanes Law Office, Long Island Divorce/Family Law Attorney
  • Divorce, Family Law, Estate Planning...
  • New York, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

David Badanes Esq. - Experienced Long Island divorce lawyer and family law attorney serving Nassau and Suffolk counties. Concentrating in divorce, contested divorce, uncontested divorce, divorce mediation, matrimonial & family law and criminal defense. The Badanes Law Office is committed to providing optimal representation, while exceeding his clients’ expectations. He represents clients in Suffolk County, Nassau County and the New York City area with offices in Northport, Suffolk County and Garden City, Nassau County.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Criminal Law
  • Elder Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Badanes Law Office
- Current
St. John's School of Law
Juris Doctor (2003) | Graduated in the top ten percent of my law school class; Staff member of the St. John's Law Review.
Honors: Graduated cum laude.
Placeholder image for education.
S.U.N.Y. at Stony Brook
B.S. (2000) | Computer Science and B.S. Applied Math.
Placeholder image for education.
Client's Choice
10 Best - Client Satisfaction
American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
Cum Laude
St. Johns University School of Law
Top 10 Family Law Attorney
Attorney & Practice Magazine
Top Attorney (10.0)
Professional Associations
New York State Defenders Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Nassau County Bar Association, Matrimonial Law Committee
Nassau County Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Suffolk County Matrimonial Bar Association
Suffolk County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Emancipation Should Be Painless as it Brings On Many Changes
The Suffolk Lawyer
Speaking Engagements
Ten Things to Know About Divorce, Northport Adult Education
Matrimonial Law From A to Z, Marino CLE
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered

Q. how long after separation can i file for a no fault divorce?
A: You can file for a No Fault divorce (Irretrievable breakdown) now or as soon as you want to.
Q. Hi I’m looking for someone that can help me with a quick easy divorce in my area.
A: You can call any Divorce (Matrimonial) Attorney that handles "simple" uncontested divorces. You should be able to do a Google search for that. I handle simple uncontested divorces in Suffolk and Nassau Counties. My phone number is 631-239-1702 or my email is
Q. can i get a petition of seperation if my spouce has left the state(NY) and not coming back?
A: Yes, you can file for Separation and/or have a Separation Agreement drafted.
Q. What is better in the long run in order to get the most of the marital assets?
A: In general terms, you are entitled to 50% of all marital assets. It also seems that you are entitled to alimony (now called spousal maintenance). If you have any children, you may also be entitled to child support.
Q. is net worth mandatory in New York? I was in a controlling marriage now I need net worth or can it go ahead without it
A: If you are representing yourself pro-se, you should still prepare a Statement of Net Worth. You can always state "Do Not Know" for your responses. If you have an attorney, you should consult with your attorney.
Q. Is it possible for me to file a divorce against my husband from abroad?
A: Assuming he has lived in N.Y. for more than 2 years, than you can file in New York, even if you are living in Belgium.
Q. Do I have to pay spousal support ? I've married for 5 years and he has cheated several times. He is an ex con.
A: There are many factors that go into whether or not you have to pay spousal support. The first thing to look at is each party's income. If you make significantly more than your spouse, then you may have to pay spousal support. However, as stated, there are other factors that would be looked at.
Q. I’m looking to file for divorce due to infidelity .I want to obtain full custody of our child
A: In order to get your divorce as fast as possible, you should file for a "no fault" divorce. With fully custody, he would have to pay child support based on his income. As for finding a good lawyer, you can read the attorney's website and reviews. Cost: It is always hard to predict how much a divorce will cost. There are many factors that can affect the cost. If your husband has a greater income than yours, it may be possible to get him to pay some or most of your attorney fees. I suggest that you do not go with the cheapest attorney, and that when you call your attorney, ask him/her what they think it will cost.
Q. Can my estranged wife petition the court for additional child support?
A: Assuming that the only court order is the one that states you have to pay temporary child support of $550/month, that is your only obligation. If she spent all of the $550/month, that is her issue. You should discuss this in more detail with your attorney.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
842 Route 25A
Northport, NY 11768
Telephone: (631) 239-1702
1225 Franklin Avenue
Suite 325
Garden City, NY 11530
Telephone: (631) 239-1702