David Owen is Of Counsel to Rabner Baumgart Ben-Asher & Nirenberg, and concentrates in zoning and land use law. He presents land development applications on behalf of developers and builders (townhouses and apartments), businesses (banks, supermarkets, restaurants, retailers, and physicians), institutional and inherently beneficial uses (houses of worship, hospitals, and senior citizen projects), and residential property owners (new buildings, additions, and appeals of code enforcement decisions). David offers legal guidance through the entire application process, and he enjoys the unique challenges of each application.
David is a graduate of Duke University summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa and received his Juris Doctor from Washington & Lee University Law School, where he was a Robert E. Lee Research Scholar. He prepares and prosecutes zoning and land development applications, with guidance from his clients and expert teams. He enjoys a long, favorable record in land use matters, grounded upon a winning trial record in the New Jersey Courts. He has served as a member of the Bernards Township Zoning Board of Adjustment, the Bedminster Township Zoning Board of Adjustment, Executive Committee of the American Planning Association, and the American Inns of Court Foundation and has lectured on topics in trial practice and legal writing. He is admitted as an attorney in New Jersey and New York.
- Real Estate Law
- Municipal Law
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- Of Counsel
- Rabner Baumgart Ben-Asher & Nirenberg, P.C.
- Duke University
- Honors: summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Bernards Township Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Bedminster Township Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Executive Committee of the American Planning Association
- American Inns of Court Foundation
- New Jersey State Bar # 019541981
- - Current
- David Owen's Website Profile
- Rabner Baumgart Ben-Asher & Nirenberg, P.C. Website
- New Jersey Employment Lawyer Blog
- Is it a Bonus or is it a Tip: When Must Payments from Third Parties be Counted When Calculating Overtime Pay?
10 September 2019
- Appellate Division Narrows But Enforces ADP’s Non-Compete Agreement
15 August 2019
- New Jersey Enacts Powerful New Wage & Hour Law Protections
6 August 2019
- Filing with EEOC Not Required for Court to Hear Title VII Lawsuit
2 July 2019
- Employer Liable for Injury Caused by Failure to Accommodate Employee’s Disability
24 June 2019
- Trial Lawyer Has Apparent Authority to Settle Discrimination Case
5 June 2019
- Termination Three Weeks After Medical Leave Supports Disability Discrimination Claim
1 May 2019
- Close Enough? Who is “Similarly Situated” Under New Jersey Law Against Discrimination?
17 April 2019
- New Jersey Employers Can’t Discriminate for Medical Marijuana Use Outside of Work
1 April 2019