David is life-long resident of upstate NY. David graduated Magna Cum Laude from Syracuse University School of Management and then earned his law degree from the Syracuse Law.
Prior to joining Michaels & Smolak, David was a partner in prominent Syracuse insurance defense firm. It was there that David learned the "how to's ” of insurance companies andthe manner that insurance defense firms evaluate and defend cases. David has been successful using this knowledge to “turn the tables” on the insurance companies to obtain large settlements and verdicts for his injured clients.
Dave has consistently been rated and selected as Super Lawyer since the honor was first established. The Super Lawyer title is given only to those attorneys who are considered to be among the top 5% of all lawyers in the State of New York.
Dave is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The Million Dollar Advocates is one of the exclusive groups of trial lawyers in the United States as its is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Less than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
David is listed in “Best Lawyers in America”. The inclusion in Best Lawyers is based on peer-reviews (lawyers rating lawyers). According to the Best Lawyers publishers, the way they select lawyers to be listed “is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area”.
Clients find Dave very easy to talk to and he conistently scores excellent reviews from his clients.
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- wrongful death cases
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Michaels & Smolak
- Syracuse University College of Law
- Syracuse University School of Management
- B.S. | Finance
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Super lawyer
- Law & Politics Magazine
- New York State Bar # 1967322
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA)
- NY Academy of Trial lawyers
- David Kalabanka's Website Profile
- Michaels & Smolak Website
- Central New York Injury Lawyer Blog
- New Roundabouts are Popping Up in Central NY. Why? Syracuse Car Accident Lawyer Explains.
12 January 2020
- Who Can You Sue For Your Slip and Fall on City Sidewalk? Probably No One, Says Syracuse Injury Lawyer
14 December 2019
- Slippery, Snow-Covered, Icy Roads Are No Excuse for Causing a Car Accident, Says Syracuse Car Accident Lawyer
1 December 2019
- Syracuse Injury Lawyer Visits French Courtroom and Is Impressed!
24 November 2019
- Central New York Injury Lawyer Discusses “Childhood Sex Abuse Clusters” in New York Schools
11 October 2019
- M&S Attorney Jan Smolak Lands Seven-Figure Personal Injury Settlement
7 October 2019
- Syracuse NY Injury Lawyer to Drivers Who Illegally Pass School Buses: “Smile, you’re on Camera”!
20 September 2019
- Syracuse New York Injury Lawyer Explains Why He Loves to Sue the Government
2 September 2019
- Sensible Solutions for Reducing New York Car-on-Bike Crashes (proposed by Syracuse NY Bicycle Accident Lawyer)
26 August 2019